Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whole30 Question page

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!

Whole30 Question

I am embarking on a Whole30 because cold turkey is the only way I'm going to kick my sugar cravings.
    However, it will overlap with my senior prom and graduation - both of which are "drinking" events. Now I'm not a big drinker anyways, but I would like to have maybe 2 drinks on prom night and like a glass of champagne at graduation. Will this really ruin a month's hard work?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Yes.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Yes.
    Could you elaborate?

The Whole 30 is predicated on sticking to the plan 100%. If you don't, then you're not doing the Whole 30 anymore.

The Whole 30 is predicated on sticking to the plan 100%. If you don't, then you're not doing the Whole 30 anymore.
    Right, nice circular reasoning. So I'm guessing you DON'T know the scientific reasons behind this? Because that's what I was sort of looking for.
    They say Whole30 is 100% because it's so easy to slip from OK this thing ONE day etc. etc. but I know if I plan it ahead, like 1 flute of champagne on Day X, I'll stick to the rest religiously.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Drink at your prom and graduation and enjoy it! These events only come once in your life and it seems silly to miss out on any of the fun at your age.

Then you'll fail the Whole 30. But it probably won't matter.

Scientific reasons? There are a lot of processed foods (especially the high-sugar ones) that can affect gene expression for at least two weeks after eating them. Therefore a cheat even once every two weeks will sabotage you. 30 days of pure clean eating is thought to be enough to put the body back at square one.

Why are you so angry all the time?

Then you'll fail the Whole 30. But it probably won't matter.

Scientific reasons? There are a lot of processed foods (especially the high-sugar ones) that can affect gene expression for at least two weeks after eating them. Therefore a cheat even once every two weeks will sabotage you. 30 days of pure clean eating is thought to be enough to put the body back at square one.

Why are you so angry all the time?
    Because you're rude!

Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    Drink at your prom and graduation and enjoy it! These events only come once in your life and it seems silly to miss out on any of the fun at your age.
    Thank you, I see it from that point of view too - I'll just moderate myself. I may end up loving the Whole30 so much that I won't even WANT to drink. I haven't had a sip of alcohol in a while except for wine in a sauce. My Whole30 ends on the first days of my senior trip...oh dear. I'm gonna have to come up with LOTS of reasons why I'm not eating my friend's homemade Italian cooking!! Haha.

Ideal Peace is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Drink, drink as much as you want stick to the light beers or rock it out with some box wine. IF the day before both events, eat some protein before each, and enjoy. The alcohol is burned off immediately before any other food in you're system, and there not enough sugar in either to really have a craving come back.

No need to worry about 100% or posting that invisible trophy saying you did a Whole30, leave that drama for the folks with the eating disorders and other mental issues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast