Thread: A long way to go... page

BrittneyMarie is offline Junior Member

A long way to go...

Shop Now
    Hi everyone! I'm Brittney. I'm 21 years old and I have a 20 month old daughter. I've been overweight for most of my life, minus 3 years in highschool when I didn't eat meat, but toward the end of my vegetarianism I got very sick, and vowed never to diet again. At that point I weighed about 170 lbs (still overweight, I know, but I was happy with my weight. and I'm 5'9"). At about the same time that I started eating meat I got married. By the time I got pregnant a couple years later I weighed almost 220, and at 40 weeks pregnant I weighed 252. I lost about 30 of those pounds after my daughter was born, but in the last 20 months as a stay at home mom making poor eating choices I picked all of those pounds back up, and a couple more. I haven't owned a scale since I lived with my mom (I moved out at 17), so I was really shocked to see the number when I stepped on the scale the other day. This HAS to stop. I will not have my daughter growing up in a house full of cheetos and soda with a unhealthy, unconcerned mother.

This is a big step for me. I have never ever told anyone how much I weigh, and I have never vowed to permanently change my lifestyle and eating habits, but that is what I am doing right now. I WILL keep up with this, and I will NOT let myself fail, for my sake and for the sake of my daughter.

Thanks for listening <3
    Starting date: May 6, 2011
    Starting weight: 256

Goal weight: 150

I've got a long way to go D:

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Brittney, Welcome. I just wanted to give you some encouragement. I have been Primal about 7 months and have already lost 50 of the 100 pounds That I need to lose. Good luck and from one Mom to another, Happy Mother's Day.
    The forum is a great place to get support so keep coming back.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Hi Brittney! I've only been primal for two months but I've lost about 14 lbs and I'm loving this way of eating. May you see success

Keep posting so we can support you in your journey.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You can totally do it. I never thought 4 years ago that I would lose 125 lbs. It was just small steps.... always striving for the next 5 lbs. Having small goals like that really helps.

This way of living is fantastic, and I'm sure you'll love it. Wishing you lots of success.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I have a long road ahead of me too, but I'm losing slowly when I'd given up all hope of ever losing any weight at all without going to extremes. Best of all, I'm getting my energy back, and feeling healthier and stronger. You've found a good place here

PrimalDog is offline Junior Member
    You've already come most of the way. You've come to grips with reality and have engaged the problem unafraid and sure of yourself. You will win. Primal Dog commands so!
    Last edited by PrimalDog; 05-09-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling

BrittneyMarie is offline Junior Member
    I've lost 10 lbs already!
    Starting date: May 6, 2011
    Starting weight: 256

Goal weight: 150

I've got a long way to go D: