Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coconut Flour Question page 2

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I go through a good amount of coconut flour. My one good suggestion, if you don't have one already buy yourself a sifter. I find it clumps easily.

I made a gluten-free german chocolate cake (Elana's Pantry) with coconut flour and it was phenom! http://www.twitpic.com/nrdod

I also made pumpkin bread with it, banana bread, cranberry/walnut bread. I like the consistency way better than with regular flour. And the best thing about it, you don't feel like you've got a big ball of dough sitting in your stomach after you're done gorging!

I grok, therefore I am.

maba is offline Senior Member

Slightly off-topic, what sweeteners do you all use when baking with CF? I like Elana's recipes, but they ALL use Agave nectar.

LTC, will check out the picture at home, can't open it here at work. The recipe sure sounds delicious.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

maba, I've substituted with everything from unsweetened apple sauce, to yukon syrop, to stevia. It all works.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Ok, I will share some recipes!

As for my blog, it's in the works, but coming slowly, mostly because I've had two sicko toddlers.

I use honey or maple syrup in small amounts. I'm of the mind that sweeteners are all "bad" for you, so moderation and small amounts are key.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

kam904s is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ugh, tell me about it.

I'm week 32 today and I was *starving* earlier, with no way to get any sort of primal food in me, so I broke down and ended up with a friend at a fast food place. I examined the menu and got a burger (no bread), salad (no dressing) but I was still starving so I thought I'd opt for a kid's size milkshake, thinking that the sugar wouldn't be that big a deal, I'm not completely primal yet and I've only been off sugar two weeks, and besides, hey, milk! Right? Wrong.

I feel so very, VERY sick. My heart is racing way faster than it should be and it's like my lunch is sitting like lead in my gut. I've learned my lesson. Almonds in the purse henceforth. I can't IF until the baby's born but I can sure buy two burgers and throw away the bread rather than do this to myself again. X_X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12