Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Drinking" coconut oil page 4

amdws1234 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have pretty much quit using olive oil altogether. I cook with coconut oil now and use a spoon to get it out of the glass jar. I clean the spoon before I put it in the dishwasher. usually get a couple teaspoons a day that way. Hardly even taste it.

Oh yea, coconut oil is also the best for your skin. I have a jar in the bathroom and slather it on post shower & before I go to bed. Ridiculous versatility - good for the body inside and out.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aikidochris View Post
    You put butter in coffee!?!?! Have I missed something here?!?!?!?
    You indeed have!!!!

Recipe: How to Make Your Coffee Bulletproof...And Your Morning Too | The Bulletproof Executive

Thank us later

seashells is offline Senior Member
    I'm gobsmacked!
    I had to check your location. My exhusband is from Witton-Gilbert and I hadn't heard this phrase in years. Anyway, I don't put butter in my coffee EVERY morning, Kerrygold is expensive. But do Give It A Go- I was really surprised how good it is!

aikidochris is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    I had to check your location. My exhusband is from Witton-Gilbert and I hadn't heard this phrase in years. Anyway, I don't put butter in my coffee EVERY morning, Kerrygold is expensive. But do Give It A Go- I was really surprised how good it is!
    Wow, small world! Thats just up the road from me. Off topic but are there any other north-eastern phrases youre missing?

Back on topic; good thing is Kerrygold is pretty reasonably priced over here

Wow, small world! Thats just up the road from me. Off topic but are there any other north-eastern phrases youre missing?

I never even ate butter until I had it in Ireland and then you couldn't stop me.

I was always fond of "Hawway the lads" and "gannin doon lal lane for a jar" I remember "walking the dog" meant having a pint of Newcastle. I think the Geordie accent is kind of adorable. Once we parked outside a pub in Scotland and slept in the back of our rented car. Round about midnight a bunch of louts started rocking the car yelling, "go home to your wife!" That was fun.

I never even ate butter until I had it in Ireland and then you couldn't stop me.

I was always fond of "Hawway the lads" and "gannin doon lal lane for a jar" I remember "walking the dog" meant having a pint of Newcastle. I think the Geordie accent is kind of adorable. Once we parked outside a pub in Scotland and slept in the back of our rented car. Round about midnight a bunch of louts started rocking the car yelling, "go home to your wife!" That was fun.

(I'm having problems with this site so I apologize if I double post)

aikidochris is offline Member
    As far as I'm concerned 'Snaas up the netty sneck' is the most Geordie phrase ever. See if you can work that one out!

I'll pm you.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I don't understand the point of drinking rendered fat. Not only is that unnatural (cooking oil doesn't exist in nature and is by definition a processed food no matter how you look at it), but what are you trying to prove? If you have gut candida, the lauric acid could actually help you and it makes sense. Most of us don't have candida. I don't know why anyone would purposely drink hundreds of extra nutritionally void calories for no reason. You may as well just start spooning sugar into things if your goal is to just put on fat with no upside.

I think people get so obsessed with the counter-culture aspect of Paleo/Primal that they start doing ridiculous things like 'drink coconut oil' just to prove a point at the expense of their own health.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JazzWorthy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I don't understand the point of drinking rendered fat. Not only is that unnatural (cooking oil doesn't exist in nature and is by definition a processed food no matter how you look at it), but what are you trying to prove? If you have gut candida, the lauric acid could actually help you and it makes sense. Most of us don't have candida. I don't know why anyone would purposely drink hundreds of extra nutritionally void calories for no reason. You may as well just start spooning sugar into things if your goal is to just put on fat with no upside.

I think people get so obsessed with the counter-culture aspect of Paleo/Primal that they start doing ridiculous things like 'drink coconut oil' just to prove a point at the expense of their own health.
    It's a convenient and easy way of adding more fat to your diet. Comparing eating spoonfuls of fat and spoonfuls of sugar is silly. Are still you under the assumption that eating saturated fat will make you fatter?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast