Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much water do you drink? page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

How much water do you drink?

Shop Now
    Just curious... I have been drinking about 6 cups and I have been getting cramps in my feet and calves... so think I need to drink more.

CW says 8 cups a day... how does that translate to a primal way of eating?

Plus... I am someone who doesn't have a very good thirst mechanism... I am hardly ever thirsty!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    1-2 quarts daily; more in the summer.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    About 4 large glasses a day, plus I eat a lot of watery veggies like celery and cucumber, and if I have steak I eat it mostly blue-rare (not much moisture lost to cooking).
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

chia is offline Senior Member
    I try to make sure and chug down 8 cups of water (a bit of lemon juice in it...)..each day.... i have to sort of force myself...it's not enjoyable....and i'm never thirsty...and people who follow a healthy diet eat very moisture rich foods in comparison to those that eat commercial crap food.

Try to never have liquids WITH meals, only several minutes before or after...this helps with digestion since diluting the stomach acids can inhibit proper digestion. I recall reading once, in ancient Chinese medicine, that TOO much water is NOT good for us...as it taxes our kidneys.. I don't believe that it is natural nor healthy to be peeing all the time....yes, peeing several times per day, but peeing when the urine is as clear as the water just doesn't seem necessary. Just my opinion.... but who can argue with Chinese medicine?...

all that being said, it is still important to drink good, filtered water... the lemon juice helps our bodies alkalinity..AND, makes the water taste good.... :-)that so many ounces per body weight formula.. ( I forget exactly what it is..)...seems a bit high...especially for people who eat lots of raw produce each day.....on a workout day?.. of course, a bit more...

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had water with my meals for years and years... like you, before or after. Also, I have noticed that I urinate much less often now than when I was eating the SAD diet (a healthy SAD). I used to drink water with lemon more often. I love it that way!

Forcing yourself to have to drink 8 glasses of water doesn't seem very natural... maybe you don't need that much?

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    1-2 L per day. I don't have to force it. That's just what I naturally drink. I always have a glass of water on my desk at work. I just sip throughout the day.

chia is offline Senior Member
    yes healthy11, I agree with you.... forcing doesn't seem right either...BUT, it does seem to me that if I don't...i sometimes am not as' regular' each day...so I completely understand it is somewhat necessary .. my body lets me know. I am NEVER thirsty...but I do make myself drink a bit...I also have 2 cups of coffee each morning..so I understand that has a dehydrating effect..... sipping it throughout the day is more natural and healthy than forcing a big glass at one time as well..... :-)

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I have a cup of tea at hand all day long, so quickly adds up; I don't force, in fact I have to make myself quit by 7p in order not to be up in the night.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I suspect it's not enough... I think I'm up to two glasses today :-/

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    A lot, I think. I don't count, but when ever I get up to walk around I have some. I drinka fair amount of coffee and tea too and that makes me thirsty.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast