Thread: Peanut Butter fall into the "OK" category? page

greekoo is offline Junior Member

Peanut Butter fall into the "OK" category?

Primal Fuel
    Hey all!

What's your point of view on eating a tablespoon or two (nomore) of beanut butter , every other day?
    I am talking about natural non-processed peanut butter without added sugar and other preservatives.

Thanks in advance

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    If I cheat it is with a few peanuts. I love almond butter, but it makes me gain weight.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    It's a legume, so not primal. But the amount you describe should be an OK 20%.

I don't particularly like most "substitutes" but almond butter does taste better than peanut to me. (Though I don't understand people who say that after tasting almond butter, peanut butter tastes like repulsive crap and they'll never eat it again. Different strokes, I guess.)

One great thing about almond for me is that I can get locally grown.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I was eating up to a jar a day until I stopped recently. This amount definately gave me GI-issues. If this isn't the case for you and you can get high quality and generally control your intake (lot of if's ;p) I would treat it as any other nut/seed butter

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I'd just get almond butter. I don't see the point of peanut butter when there's is something that's easy to get and just as good. At least in my opinion. Of course, I still think nuts are something to eat in moderation so I wouldn't go crazy on the almond butter, either.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    PB isn't worth it for me personally, especially compared to almond butter.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    At the amounts you are taking it is not too big of a deal. I think the others are just pointing out that there are better options like almond butter out there.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I use a little natural peanut butter in the evenings with celery to fill up and skip dinner.