Thread: Little Sea Critters page

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member

Little Sea Critters

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just ate a bag of little sea life (mussels, shrimp, tiny octopus and some sort of crab) along with a piece of Alaskan Salmon.
    I was wondering about the quality of this stuff in terms of nutrition as compared with the various types of fish out there.
    I noticed they had a high content of proteine, but that's similar to a lot of fish.
    What about the other important stuff? (pollution, omega-3s, farms, etc.)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    There probably is a wide variation in the pollution/sustainability factor. Perhaps someone else knows.

Apparently, our ancestors ate lots of little sea critters at some periods in evolution. E.g., see this interesting presentation.

If you can get good, sustainably caught or farmed critters, and you can afford them, go for it.
    Last edited by Hedonist; 05-07-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    If ever there are findings that sea critters aren't a wonderful idea - I don't want to hear about it. I can't wait to go for Sashimi tonight!

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    If your fish came in a bag, then I wouldn't even bother trying to consider it's "quality".
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    Sorry dude, don't have the time to go fish in the ocean myself.
    Fish and meat being sold in containers is just a neccesariy aspect of shipping food around.