Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - grandma page

grandma is offline Member

Primal Journal - grandma

I'm not sure I'm going to go all out with journal posts, but I thought I would share this story:

Yesterday was a very primal day from an activity point of view, but not from a nutrition point of view.

I did some volunteer work which involved a lot of heavy lifting and carrying of things. Tons of fun, I am sore today but feel good.

The organizers were kind enough to feed us after our service, which was very nice of them given that the food was not donated. They served hamburgers, hot dogs, salad, corn chips, and watermelon with lemonade to drink. I ate it all because I was hungry and I didn't want to "look a gift horse in the mouth" (be ungrateful). I didn't think this was the time to be handing out Mark's fliers and tickets to King Corn. Besides, it could have been a lot worse. I felt a little down about it afterwards, because I knew I could have done better than I did (like skip the chips and bun -- I felt the lemonade couldn't be avoided, because I needed the fluids).

However, this morning nature told me I did good and rewarded me with a double yoke in my egg!

80/20 --- right Mark?

Happy double yoke day!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

tman Guest

Grandma-nobody's perfect. Don't worry about it if it's not a regular thing. I would say people who don't deviate at times probably have some issues. Less friends for sure-and are more annoying to to others vs.inspirational. They key is to get back up on the (primal) horse again ASAP. Enjoy your egg(s).

Primal activity: stone wall maintenance. Lifting heavy things rocks! (pun intended)

Alright, I'll give it a go.

Sunday:

B: flax pancakes. the family was having oatmeal ones, I thought I would try to see how flax worked -- it did. all in all not bad but I'd rather have eggs. Just butter on them. Coffee -- black.

S: skip

L: quick hamburger patty, I was busy

S: a few almonds

D: BBQ Roast pork with chipolte salsa (bottled, no sugar, some food starch), green salad from the garden, EVOO/Vinegar dressing, grilled zucchini and mushroom. Iced Tea.

Activity: more wall building, Ice Hockey game.

Monday

B: Coffee-Black.

S: handful of sunflower seeds (won't buy more when these are gone)

L: BAS with pork and chipotle dressing made from leftovers. Green tea

S: Pork Rind (I have a few when the salty crunch urge attacks, but I probably shouldn't)

D: Primal Meatloaf, Lettuce,apple,walnut,celery salad (homemade OO mayo dressing). Iced Tea with lemon.

Tuesday

IF day

B: Coffee

L: Skip

S: tin of sardines in Olive Oil to break the fast

D: Steak (free range/never confined so the package said. I guess that means it was allowed to eat some grass), Lettuce, apple, walnut, celery salad (trying to use up that mayo I made) Zucchini & mushroom sauteed in butter. Beer (I was doing so good)

Activity: 40 min rollerbade

DiabetesCanKick..... I bought a rib eye steak, S&P both sides, dropped onto hot cast iron grill pan for 3 min, turn 90degrees for 3 min (might have left it a little longer as I was tending to other things). Flip and do the same. It was tender and yummy with cool grill marks.

OK (sheepishly) here's what happened today.

B: Coffee black as usual.

L: I didn't bring anything so all I had was some instant miso soup (soy --- but fermented so?)

S: sunflower seeds (they are almost gone) 3 prunes (wow I got a sugar rush from that)

D: homemade pizzas were being made at home and everyone was having a good time making their own creation, I didn't want to be a wet blanket (can't get them on board just yet). So I made a paper thin crust with tons of pork roast from the other night and veggies and just a sprinkle of cheese. Ice Tea with lemon

Activity: 35min Rollerblade (same distance as yesterday) 15min upper body (better than nothing) 30min of road tennis with the kids.

Kind of a mess today --- I expect tomorrow to be difficult as well as it is a family birthday.

Thursday

B: B&E (breaking and entering???? no Bacon and Eggs)

L: BAS with last of the roast pork

D: A small amount of lasagna and lots of salad. Small piece of birthday cake. (this was the request of my son for his Bday)

Friday

B: skip

L: BAS with canned kippers (smoked herring)

D: The rest of the kippers as I drive to a family get together.

I dread the inevitable discussion of what I do and do not eat. It is odd that there are a couple vegetarians in the family and their needs will be accommodated but mine will be looked at as ridiculous and "picky". Oh well.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think I need help with exercise more than diet, so I think I will try to log my exercise.

Rather than my usual tabata coffee sipping I tried tabata rock squats. My reps went from 15 to 8. My legs are spent.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast