Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - grandma page 3

grandma is offline Member

Primal Fuel

sure

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

If by "bodybuilder kind", you mean with a barbell across the back of your shoulders, then be sure to squat down past horizontal, so your is butt super-low, and that will really work you glutes and hams as well as your quads. If you're used to only going down to horizontal, or not even going that far (bad for your knees), you may need to use less weight.

You can also try widening your stance to mix things up (a "sumo" squat).

Conan Guest

Try heavy deadlifts. There even better than squats and work pretty much the whole body. Make sure you get someone to show you the proper form though.

I'm hot today -- I mean I'm sweating still from last night's squats. I shouldn't have done them so late last night I think it interfered with my sleep.

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

Yeah, I love deadlifts too!! Great for the whole "back" of the body - shoulders, upper and lower back, glutes, hams...

I can't workout at night, I end up sweating into the night too. And I can't go to sleep.

Today was tabata mattock swinging. OK, it wasn't a tabata exercise just yard work. I'm trying to terrace a hilly part of my yard; more of the same tomorrow. I really do enjoy working more than working out.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Ditto mr grandma

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Food wise it was a little scattered

B: 2 egg omelet with tuna, black olives, and feta Coffee

L: 2 deviled eggs (homemade mayo)

D: 2 hamburger patties, salad, some berries, and a couple mojitos (we ate with the neighbor, everyone else had grilled pizza)

S: walnuts

When I came over with my own meat (it was a very casual thrown together event) my wife explained that I don't eat wheat; "other than that he eats really well" she said.

I'll be hungry tomorrow -- kind of a light day

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

omelet with feta and black olives sounds amazing. I may have to try that soon.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

B: I tried coconut pancakes this morning -- But I didn't have any coconut flour and just tried putting coconut and everything in the blender. Kinda came out like coconut scrambled eggs. I couldn't finish them. Coffee

L: On the go. 2 hard boiled eggs. A chunk of cheese

D: 2 breasts of mojo chicken on the grill. http://www.recipezaar.com/Mojo-Chicken-119300 (it was good). Salad from the never ending garden (the greens just keep coming because it is such a cool summer) with home made OO/V dressing. Zucchini with garlic and ginger sautéed in bacon grease. Ice Tea.

Didn't do much digging today. Going out to do some kettlebell rowing with my rock.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast