Thread: Hi, what a coincidence! page

TheNormalGuy is offline Junior Member

Hi, what a coincidence!

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I'm a 31year old guy and recently went from ~260/270lbs to 155lbs over a 4 year period. I went Primal years ago without ever knowing the term "primal" or that this site even existed.

4 years ago, I was given a glucometer by my doctor and the rest is history!

I made no sudden, dramatic changes. Slowly, I stopped eating the foods that made me feel bad or would give me a bad reading on my glucometer. Over a period of 4 years, my diet slowly became what it is today, meats and leafy green/cruciferous vegetables. Today, I'm in perfect health.

The one screw up I made was what you all call "chronic cardio" and lifting very heavy weights very frequently. This would cause huge swings in my blood glucose levels which caused me to overcompensate in terms of food. I ended this vicious cycle when my doctor suggested I start walking and doing longer periods of low-intensity exercise. I immediately noticed a difference in my glucometer. I became extremely cut by doing this. Pull-ups, push-ups, and other body weight exercises were a struggle at first, but now at 7% body fat, it's all easy. It took me 4 very long years of struggle and I'm not sure I could do it again.

The one attitude change I had to make that made a world of difference was this: Tomorrow is a new day. Often, in the beginning, I found that social circumstances caused me to "cheat" or eat bad foods. I learned that rather than compensate by jumping on the treadmill or feeling guilty about a bad eating episode, it was better to develop a forced amnesia and just move on. Dwelling on bad food day would cause the failure to domino into the next week and possibly month. Never dwell on or compensate for what you've already eaten. . . move on as though it never happened.

I try to cook every meal and spend a lot of money and time on ingredients. The cost is minimal compared to the amount I've saved by not having to purchase prescription drugs. I owe it to my friends and family to stay in shape!

I had to learn all of this on my own. . . and the sum of what I've learned mirrors everything I've read in Primal Blueprint. Someone should have handed me this book years ago.

Thanks.
    Last edited by TheNormalGuy; 05-07-2011 at 02:35 AM.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Inspiring introduction TheNormalGuy! Congratulations on your success!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    +1,000,000,000

You sound like I would like you on a personal level.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Boogins is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on your success and welcome! I am one of those people who was partly living in accordance with PB as well (without knowing what PB was). Great to have you!