Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great article about B12 deficiency page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Great article about B12 deficiency

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    No doubt. I think that modern humans are deficient in liver, shellfish and brains and don't get enough B12 - we need a lot more than the RDA due to generally poor absorption. Supplementation appears to be effective too; no shame in it if you don't like those foods or are a vegetarian. Better than dying.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

strom is offline Senior Member
    Great now I have to B12 injected!?! I hate injections.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    The high dose sublingual vitamin B12 works. There are studies in Europe showing it can be just as effective and with better compliance than the injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoldstein View Post
    The high dose sublingual vitamin B12 works. There are studies in Europe showing it can be just as effective and with better compliance than the injections.
    +1

chia is offline Senior Member
    I shoot up with B12 shots in the shoulders, 3 times per week. The 'regular ' Doctors, said my levels were fine....my naturopathic Doctor said, 'nope, want your levels doubled'...this was in regards to numb feet.....so with that first shot..the numbness almost disappeared completely and if I had NOT seeked the help of a naturopath, who is still an actual MD, I would still have had numb feet due to their 'tests'....and who knows what future damage not getting proper help could have led to. we need to be SO proactiv about our health..... regular medicine doesn't always cut it..... at least here in Canada......

and P.S., i give myself shots...just order the stuff every 10 weeks....it's easy now...takes two seconds.... :-)

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Methyl B12 is more effective than the regular stuff. I take a sublingual tablet of it several times a week. It's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    Methyl B12 is more effective than the regular stuff. I take a sublingual tablet of it several times a week. It's very helpful.
    Exactly... this is what the article discusses. I was taking 1,000mg every other day and now I will definitely take it everyday. I had a deficiency years ago and my doctor said to take 250mg/day. How come doctors are so conservative? Same with vitamin D. I don't understand it. Damn Western medicine!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    healthy people who are proactive about their health don't make the medical community alot of money....... they are not about prevention..just treating symptoms.... :-( ( not always, there are some amazing Doctors out there...just in general...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast