Thread: Painful chest workout page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Painful chest workout

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay so I went in to the gym to do some dips (I really should get a dip bar...) and, of course, excelled (at failing, which counts). I ended up running home (10 minutes at most) and finishing up with some pushups.
    The wierd thing is, the pushups were painful! I mean, I've gone to failure before but these just hurt!
    The pain was a burning muscle pain, not joint or anything like that.

Anybody have any idea why this happened, and if it is good or bad?
    Last edited by Alex Good; 05-06-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you got a good workout. Depending on your form on the dips, you could have worked your chest harder than you think there. If you lean into your dips, you can really work your chest. If you are more upright, it will be more arms, shoulders, and back. Give yourself plenty of rest (5-7 days or so) and get back into it.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Lactic acid build up from the run home assuming you did them without a little recovery from the run. This affect will reduce if your body learns to use it as fuel more quickly and efficiently

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    Well, in general, I would say a burning pain is a signal from your body to stop doing whatever it is you are doing. Nausea and pain are indications of injury, disease, or threat of some kind. Obviously, there can be some exceptions, but in general, the "no pain, no gain" crowd either is exceptionally resistant to injury despite self-abuse or ends up injured and sedated.

I thought of that, but it didn't feel like it was pulled or ripped, it just felt like it was too hot.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

ScottJames is offline Junior Member
    Repeat these exercises daily then after couple of days your pain will be gone.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Damn all these bots are really annoying.

I personally have never had like true PAIN when working out, unless I fucked something up. I've felt the burn and all, but haven't had painful reps. I guess it could be a lactic acid build-up issue if you didn't stretch or mobilize that area at all. That being said dips and push ups rule, how sore were you the days after?

I think you might have it ini. I forgot to warm up. Oh and I didn't want toleave bed the next day.