Thread: cheesy tortilla:) page

primalmonalisa is offline Junior Member

cheesy tortilla:)

Primal Fuel
    I stumbled on this when I was doing the maintenance phase of the HCG diet last year and thought I would share I usually use this to satisfy a pizza craving that's quick and easy but, I realized you could also tweak this to make it a cheesy tortilla I take a cookie sheet and cover with foil...spray with olive oil or coconut oil the lay out your slices of cheese...you can do singles or overlap if your making a tortilla...I use a combination of colby jack..cheddar..provolone or what ever cheese you like that comes in slices...I will also put pepperoni...sausage or mushrooms and onions and then lay down the slices to feed my pizza craving....you lay everything directly on the foil no need for crust Then you bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes....you will see the cheese getting crispy around the edges. Then just let cool for about 5 minutes and eat with your fingers...and if your using as a tortilla just peel off the foil and it bends and holds shape really well and it's crispy it's awesome and easy for those PB people that don't have issues with cheese.
    Last edited by primalmonalisa; 05-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good to me!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

primalmonalisa is offline Junior Member
    they are very good my husband and I shared a pan of cheese and I ate most of it...I thought it would effect my weight loss but, I woke up the next morning to weigh and I had lost 2 pounds so I was happy

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I am usually hostile toward "substitutes" but, hey, roasted cheese? Yum!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.