Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition Consultation page

jens522 is offline Senior Member

Nutrition Consultation

Primal Fuel
    I work in a gym so the nutritionist was having her consultation with a client in the office next to mine so I couldn't help but overhear. The nutritionist was of course telling the woman to eat six meals a day to rev up her metabolism. She also said she should eat a protein w/a fiber at all meals. So one recommendation was string cheese and high fiber crackers. She said that protein with a fiber slows down the insulin response. String cheese and high fiber crackers aren't going to cause insulin spikes? RIGHT. And of course fat is the DEVIL! The nutritionist actually eats fat free cottage cheese.

milkycereal is offline Banned
    Kick her ass

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I was driving home a few nights ago and could see into the second floor of one of those Globo-Gyms. It was just a line of people on elliptical machines... I kinda felt sorry for them. They just don't know any better.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    This is the type of thing that keeps me from going back to school to study nutrition. I am sure that the same way the pharmaceutical companies are now the ones teaching med school so that doctors only really know about drugs and not much about prevention, nutrition must be being taught by Kraft or the corn, soy and wheat industry or some other conglomerate that is essentially feeding BS to the "experts" in order to get the world buying their processed crap. Even as a kid it made no sense to me that removing something that was natural to a food could possibly be better for you.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    re: snacking

One of my co-workers is one of those 'eat 6 times a day' people. The idea of planning snacks for yourself into a day is weird to me, because it's not something I grew up with... we just had meals. It only occurred to me recently how stupid it is for adults to be 'snacking' as if we're children.

chia is offline Senior Member
    if that so called 'nutrionist', label read, that NONfat cottage cheese will have MORE sugar and MORE carbs than the full fat...good choice... *sheesh*..... (when you take fat out of dairy, you have to add thickeners to make it half decent....not to mention, if there was any decent calcium in the cottage cheese without fat, it doesn't get absorbed...)..people sure know how to waste money.....

stick to real foods, and never purchase non fat dairy...it's pretty simple isn't it....unfortunately, that nutritionist's message is being echoed over and over by trainers..and others ..besides nutritionists.....

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I was driving home a few nights ago and could see into the second floor of one of those Globo-Gyms. It was just a line of people on elliptical machines... I kinda felt sorry for them. They just don't know any better.
    I've seen those same people. They look like sad mice on a wheel. Makes you want to stop, walk in side, hit 'em up side the head, and tell them to get some fresh air.

Yup, I knew the primal world is where I could vent to! I wanted to go in there and and say something, but of obviously could not! I mean she basically recommended all processed food. How healthy!

Oh I know. They're all over the gym reading their magazines. If you're reading a mag, how could you possibly be doing much? Go outside for a walk at least then.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I so do not miss those days. When I was recently rehabbing my knee, I picked up an exercise bike on Freecycle (and just used Freecycle to pass it on to someone else, too). I just couldn't see coughing up for a "regular" gym membership just so I could use a stinkin' bike, and I certainly couldn't see buying one that I'd use only a couple months.

My brother was visiting when I still had the bike and he said that he uses the exercise bike most days at home. I said "Please, let me know how the heck you do that because when I had to use it to rehab it was all I could do to do 15 minutes on the damn thing - not because of pain but because I was bored out of my skull!" He said he catches up on TV or chats with his kids.

Me, I like the kind of workouts where I'm too busy mixing things up, moving/lifting/throwing heavy stuff, etc. to be focused on any kind of real conversation or a TV! Where they 45-60 minutes of the class flies by because I'm doing something new every couple of minutes. Where I'm smiling like a fool when I'm done because I worked my ass off and had a blast doing it. That's why I love my boot camp and monkey conditioning classes. I'll never go back to a "real" gym membership.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast