Thread: Plaintain chips! page

Catherine is offline Senior Member

Plaintain chips!

omg. These are hereby no longer allowed in my house. I cannot control myself around them. Equally as irresistable as fritos. bad bad bad. Anything that i just feel so out of control with has to be bad for me.

need to stick to cracklins for crunchy b/c they are filling and i don't go crazy with them like the plaintain chips.

chammich is offline Junior Member
    I'm not that way with the chips but if there is a food I can't stop eating then it's a no no in the future. I'm a terrible binge eater. Eating Primal has helped me realize that and I rarely binge anymore.

kenfuji is offline Member
    I too love Plantain chips!! along with danielle coconut chips, lara coconut bars and macadamia nuts. When snacking on the Plantain chips I try to eat it with an avocado or guac. It's a lot more satisfying and tasty with dip anyways!

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I cannot keep cashews or macadama nuts in the house at all. I go crazy on them but am perfectly fine eating other nuts. I haven't tried plantain chips and after reading this will have to keep away.

jimdunk is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My ex is Cuban and introduced me to a version of fried plaintains called "tostones" you can google for recipes. They're not too hard to make, and would be perfectly primal, I believe. They're not thin and flakey like a chip, but rather thicker and crunchy. They end up about the thickness and size of an average cookie.

It might be a healthier obsession for you.