Thread: Coconut Bark page

ciavyn is offline Senior Member

Coconut Bark

Shop Now
    A big hearty thank you for you folks who posted your coconut bark recipes. OMG. I'm still slobbering over the piece I had for breakfast!

My little batch recipe was a conglomeration of a bunch of recipes. 4 oz. coconut oil, 2T cocoa, 1T flax meal, 1T cream, and a little sweetener (I use Stevia or xylitol, but look forward to lessening those as time goes on). The cream didn't emulsify, so it spurts in your mouth when you bite. Deliriously good.

Thank you again!

Raen is offline Member
    It's freaking awesome, isn't it? I put shredded coconut, vanilla, and sometimes pecans in mine. I've only been eating it for about 10 days, and so far no weight lost, though, so I'm not sure if I'm stalling my weight loss with it (but some of that time has corespondent with PMS, so might not count, and I'm down to the last few pounds, anyway). I've probably been eating about 2 tbls a day, which might be too much for me.

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    LOL! I eyed up the pecans at the store today, but decided to stick with the flax seed since it's pure fiber. I love the darn stuff. Others on here eat 3 and 4 T of coconut oil a day because they think it helps fat loss. So I don't know if that would affect it. I'm working paring down my fruit and dairy. Coconut bark definitely helps.