Thread: A Quick Progress Report page

CharleyGnarlyP290 is offline Junior Member

A Quick Progress Report

Shop Now
    I recently changed my lifestyle for the better. Stumbled on this site and found out a bunch of amazing things. I am 6'1" tall, 46 years old and weighed in at 220.
    I was counting calories (a waste of time) and was doing Power 90 then P90X. Hated them both. I was getting nowhere. Actually gained a little weight.
    I started following a bunch of the stuff here, and started seeing results immediately. I am down to 201 lbs, and feel TONS better. I have been steadily losing about two pounds/week. I have lost 4" in my belly/waist area and am now wearing 34" waist pants. I was wearing 38". I haven't worn 34" since I got married 20 years ago. It made my day when I had my 15 year old son fetch me a pair of his 34" pants and put them on with no problem. I will probably be into 32" within the month.
    I use Fitday to follow what I eat and it has been a huge help. I haven't had heartburn since I started and am loving life. The doctor was pretty stoked at my health improvements over my last visit.
    The biggest part for me was just going against CW: Fats; not worrying so much about the calories, but what kind I was eating; dropping the bread/grain stuff; cutting out sugar.
    Basically, life is good, and am looking forward to making more progress.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Very cool! I especially like it when people blow their doctor's minds and all the better if the doctor is hardcore CW.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! That is awesome progress!
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html