Page 1 of 407 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal ~* Diana Renata *~ page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal ~* Diana Renata *~

Shop Now

Ok, I'm gonna give this a go, even though I tend to start things and not finish them. That's why I have a non-existant blog- LOL.

B: 3-egg spinach omelet

L: 2 pork chops w/ marinara sauce

1/2 cucumber w/ spicy brown mustard

D: Was going to IF, but...

2 large meadow mushrooms, 3 pickled eggs, some hazelnuts and a handfull of raisins I found in the fridge. Talk about foraging.

maranne is offline Senior Member

Great to see you posting!

M x

Miriam Guest

Good stuff Diana. Nice to see you have eaten your mushrooms, they looked really tasty!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Hey Diana, so cool that you foraged your own mushrooms. I have mushrooms growing in the common area of my condo complex and have been eyeballing them. BUT it's an area where dog owners bring their pets to do their business so I don't think I'll be going out there and munching on those. Ew! Did you cook your foraged mushrooms or did you eat them raw? Just curious.

Hey, I made it two days in a row. Not bad.

Didn't feel like doing much at the gym, so I just played on the elliptical for a while as I watched Fox & Friends.

3 eggs scrambled w/ spinach, cajun seasoning

Chocolate protein powder w/ water. (Not bad actually. Had a weird craving for it.)

2 pork chops w/ diced apple

Salmon salad w/ a whole bag of frozen cauliflower

Green & Black's 85% cacao chocolate and 2 glasses of merlot

@DCK- I lightly sauted the mushrooms in some butter, just enough to soften them up and enhance flavor.

Wow... that was a short night. I didn't get to sleep until midnight, and my eyes were wide awake by 5:00. I've gotten very good at setting my internal alarm clock to wake me between 4:30 and 5:00. Too good maybe.

It's finally been nice enough outside to leave my windows open all night, which makes for a GREAT night's sleep. Not to mention waking naturally with the birds. I just wish my bedroom was on the east side of my apartment so I got the morning sun. When I get a new place, that's one thing I'm going to look for.

Got up too late to get to the gym before I gotta take my car to the shop, plus my calves ache so bad. I've been stretching and massaging them, but they really make me not want to do anything. Maybe when I feel more awake and ambitious I'll play with some push-ups and stuff. At least I can work my core and upper body.

Since I didn't IF the other day, I might do that today. I haven't decided yet. I don't feel hungry yet, so we'll see what happens if/when I do, and what I'm doing at the time.

Yeah, I'm already sorta slacking on this thing. I guess my life is so routine that it seems kinda pointless to document the same thing over and over.

I did end up spending a lot of time at my parents' house this weekend, which meant I ended up missing my gym, and I do miss it. We went out to eat a couple times in the last two days and I'm really proud of myself how well I behaved around food. Yesterday we went to the Chinese buffet and I got the mongolian stir fry. I love being able to pick out my own fresh veggies and meat, and watching them cook it. Fruit for dessert, though a little on the sweet side.

Today I went up to Ithaca to the farmers' market. Ended up doing a little wine tasting, and I got to try some vegan ice cream, made with cashew and coconut milk. I split it with my mom and I was surprised that she ate something healthy, AND liked it! My brother suggested some chicken joint for dinner. Needless to say it wasn't good. The closest thing to veggies they had were onion rings and cabbage salad. I ended up getting 1/2 a chicken and some cabbage salad. It was adequate at best. I really was tempted to IF since I'd pretty much snacked all day, but I really didn't need to hear any judgement from the family who already thinks I'm "too thin."

I haven't really seen my brother much in the last several months. I swear he asked me four times over the last couple of days, "So you don't eat ANY bread? Really, none?" He just can't wrap his brain around the idea- lol.

On the upside, I got some great stuff today. Blueberries, cherries, oyster mushrooms, a stevia plant, some lamb kidneys, and some raw grass-fed cheese.

Good day. Did some mild cardio this morning at the gym. I wasn't really in the mood to do any lifting.

B: 3 eggs, scrambled with spinach

L: Pork chop, cauliflower, snap peas

S: Blueberries and almonds

D: Fall fish, fiddleheads w/ oyster mushrooms and onions

S: Cherries

Ate more fruit and produce than I allowed myself last week. I may alternate high produce/low produce weeks. Still working the fat off.

Went for a walk after work, trying to think of stuff I can do outside while getting some sun. I don't have a yard to do yard work, and the landscape is really quite boring. Chased a couple robins. Even the squirrels were nowhere to be seen. Sort of a bummer.

And WTF is with all the flies in my apartment all of a sudden? Ugh.

I did pretty good tooday. Not getting up as easily this week after staying up way too late and sleeping too late all weekend. Got to the gym and had a good workout. It could have been better. There are way too many people there for my liking. Maybe I should go earlier, if I can get myself to wake up earlier without an alarm.

Breakfast was 3 eggs scrambled with spinach, and some marinara on top. Pork chop with snap peas and cauliflower for lunch again, along with blueberries and almonds. I'd planned on making lamb kidneys for dinner but ended up going to the laundromat. I stopped and grabbed a salad at a local diner with a gift certificate I forgot I had. I forgot to tell them to hold the croutons. It was a real pain picking them out. Otherwise, it was a fantastic spinach salad.

I think I'm going to try to turn in early so I can get to the gym early, and beat the crowd.

PrimalCon New York

Wow, what a week so far.

So... I bought a new car. Actually, I haven't bought it yet. I have to drive up to Rochester on Monday to seal the deal.

Yesterday I was so frazzled. I completely forgot about preparing lunch for today. I really want to eat WELL this week, so there was no way I was going to IF. Not this week. I stopped at Wegman's on the way home from the gym to grab a chicken but they wouldn't be ready til after 9. I have to be to work by 8:30. No go. Sooo... I bought a split chicken and fried it up myself real quick. Now I have a whole chicken to eat.

Eggs and spinach for breakfast again this morning. Topped it with some salsa. Crap... I'm out of spinach. Gotta think of something else for breakfast tomorrow to go with the eggs. Lunch was 1/4 chicken with broccoli.

Dinner, I am really impressed with myself. I made lamb kidneys with fiddleheads, oyster mushrooms and onions in a red wine reduction sauce. I'm not a huge fan of kidneys- very liver like. The fiddleheads and mushrooms were fantastic though.

My workout was just cardio today. Back to the weights tomorrow. I really need to get motivated to do more work OFF the machines. Tried some crawls... they're harder than I imagined.

Sorta looking forward to getting back to cutting carbs next week and bumping up the weight loss. I figure if I alternate weeks that'll be good, and I won't get quite so bored. One week eat 75-100g carbs, then the next drop it down to just under 50g. I noticed I have more appetite when I eat more carbs. I'm going to have to watch myself.

Page 1 of 407 1231151101 ... LastLast