Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious craving... page

MurryFolt is offline Junior Member

Serious craving...

Primal Fuel
    I picked up weights again just this week, and with in days (meaning, today) I started having a serious craving for high fat foods. In all honesty, I'm not surprised. Good, real fat is a necessary part of our bodies, and since I'm requiring more of it, it wants more back. Anyway, the reason I'm here is to ask for suggestions for foods/recipes that are HIGH in good fat. I'm not the one that buys food for my house, so I can't get any fancy ingredients. But does anyone have ideas for simple foods with lots of fat? I'm tempted to go eat a stick of butter right now, so I mean high in fat.

Sorry to come out of the blue, never having been on these forums before, and ask start asking questions, but I have a singular focus right now. Eat fat.

I had read some of the material on this site a while back and even read the blueprint. I saw it was good stuff with a live community, but the basic stuff I had recently heard already (from the Spartan Health Regemin). When I was just now googling things like "high fat diet" (only got search results for "low fat diet"), I saw an article from here. I remembered the community and forums, so decided to ask the question here around people who have similar views to me in health.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Marrow bones. There are recipes around here utilizing them (roasted, or in soups/stews, etc.). They're laden with fat, but make sure the source is grass-fed if at all possible.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Thank you for the response.

How could I have forgotten about those? I've been talking about them all day, yet forgot I live within a walking distance of a place where I can buy some (from frozen bones, but usually fresh within the last few days). I'm at the point where once the marrow thaws, I'd just eat the stuff straight. I've done it before, and it was pretty interesting.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    We do have a member, eelnus, who eats straight butter to fight her cravings. If butter's what you need, go for it

My go to for a fat craving is creamed coconut..
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

That did it Belinda, thanks. As soon as I read your comment I was off to the kitchen! Now just to see the reaction on my friends faces when they hear I eat straight butter to solve my cravings. I also have some cousins who are all about the conventional ways of health, once THEY hear about this... I'll be quite entertained.

Well, my cravings have stalled for now. But they'll be back.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    There's also a whole thread dedicated to Batty's Butter Blueberry Balls you might be interested in! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8256.html
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Now THAT looks good. I'm not much for coconut... but I'm willing to make an exception for that stuff. Thanks for the link.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Roll them in crushed nuts instead if you don't like coconut

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    Roll them in crushed nuts instead if you don't like coconut
    This. I don't love coconut, and crushed nuts ROCK in this recipe!!!

Bacon is totally a fat craving killer. I like to cook up a few strips and right at the end throw a bunch of minced garlic in and toss it around until it's fragrent. Then I dip the bacon covered in garlic into dijon mustard. Mmmmmmmmmm!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    I just got back from the gym and had a craving so I took two raw eggs, a piece of coconut and 15 hazelnuts. Plenty of fat and calories in just a few gulps and bites :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast