Thread: Help!..lazy, out of shape northener just booked florida vacation! 3 weeks! page

Juliemama is offline Senior Member

Wink Help!..lazy, out of shape northener just booked florida vacation! 3 weeks!

Yep, I am one of those winter funk people.I do not really care if I put on a few lbs over the winter..I always ramp back up in spring and take it off. Well, here in Mass it is still cool and damp..and I have not gotten back to my normal, active self. I have 3-4 weeks to dial in the best I can. Diet is good, I am in ketosis, I could drop wine and dairy, I suppose (my 20..lol). What should I attempt without killing myself in 3 weeks? I am a waitress in a very busy restaurant and I work double shifts all weekend...walking. check. I have slacked off on bodyweights and sprinting, and I just wasn't motivated yet! But I sure look squishy...and I could lose 5 lbs..5'1" 119lbs..I look sickly lower than 110..but I just cant expect to firm up much in less than a month, can I? Thanks for the help!

JordanS is offline Junior Member
    I think alot of people would recommend fasting daily, for 16+ hours. This works well for me. That means eating 1 or 2 meals a day spaced 5-8 hours apart. My fat loss stalls with almost any dairy that isnt cream or butter. But thats a personal situation. My buddy has a permanent 6pack and drinks whole milk with his eggs for breakfast everyday. Try portioning your food out too so there is no guess work for meals, and therefore no cheating. The best thing that works for me though, is eating most of my daily protein in one meal (dinner). 18hours a day is no food. Then lunch is a coffee with cream, a couple hard boiled eggs(usually only yolk) and celery with cream cheese. Dinner is all about the meat. 1-1.5 lbs of meat, usually cooked in butter, usually with some veggies (light) and maybe 2x a week ill have homemade whipped heavy cream (cream, vanilla extract, liquid stevia) for dessert. And of course lots of water.

Thanks for the quick reply! Like I said I AM in ketosis and I do not have much weight to lose...Butter and cream, with a bit of cheese here and there is the extent of my dairy..I eat eggs and I regularly fast for 18-24 hrs without an issue. I eat when hungry, lots of meat, fat and veg...I have just slacked off during the dark winter months with fitness...And I do not want to kill myself if I can not realistically expect to see any results. Or..because my diet is ok..will I see faster results? Thanks, I have never been in "crunch" time before!

Diet is most important when talking fat loss.. exercise really is more for the muscle. I would stick to the basics. Dips, pullups, squats, deadlifts etc. Work lots of muscle with few movements to get the most out of your effort. Supplement sprinting or high intensity Jump rope to speed fat usage. All out effort for 30 seconds then a walk for 30sec and repeat. 6 or 7cycles should have you spent. Just dont overdo it.

JordanS, Thanks for reminding me that I spent endless summers jumping rope with the whole neighborhood for summers on end...While I do not mind sprinting at all, I usually head out to the sand dunes which are dismal and windy right now. Jumping rope might just do it...to mix it up. I can do pushups and pullups normally, havent tested myself in awhile, I am assuming if some of the strength is still there, so is the muscle? Time to hit the playground! Lol, Ideally will every day be too much? Should I aim for every other? Not long term of course A couple times a week always did the trick, but I never came off hiatus and threw on the bikini right away, either. Thanks..

Definately not everyday! Id go 2or 3 days in between. Just listen to you body. If you dont feel up to it, dont do it. Its extremely taxing and if you can do it everyday, you arent doing it hard enough...

True, and 3 or 4 days a week I work 12-14 hr double shifts 45 min from home, so that's out those days already..although they are active hours. I will try to bust out what I can, without hurting myself, although my energy level is improving with the extra daylight, (and is generally fine, anyway, just a winter blues slump for me) And it will be interesting to see where my strength level is after farting around all winter..lol

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    It's 70 and sunny in the northeast... not cool and damp. go do some hill sprints.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Excuse me, arthurb, it has rained on every day off I have had for weeks.... (southeastern Ma) Just my luck that the 4 warm days we have had, I have been at work...Bah! I did take my measurements today and am keeping a log of everything I eat...(I eat well, but I can get loosey goosey). Hoping for good weather Monday! (busy restaurant weekend). You may have misunderstood an earlier post..I do not enjoy playing outside in the cold and wet. I took the kids out to beach to play in the dunes..and it was so windy we had to leave..UGH...Although we have plenty of fun hills here! I am trying to enjoy spring, because you know it will be 90 and sticky any day now! lol