Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best shoes for toddlers and kids? page

llewin is offline Member

The best shoes for toddlers and kids?

Primal Fuel
    Hey there everyone. I'd like to get my kids wearing better shoes when we go out of the house. Does anyone know of any good shoes with a minimalist sole and a nice wide toebox for kids and toddlers?

dakini is offline Senior Member
    Robeez are pretty good I think.

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    My son wears Pedipeds Flex. They are a minimalist, flexible sole. Good little shoes. Puma also has several kinds of toddlers/kids shoes with minimalist soles. I was born very flat footed and it only got worse with age. Of course, my parents went the conventional wisdom route at the time, and made sure I always had arch support, etc in my shoes growing up. Always had foot, ankle, and knee pain growing up playing sports etc. Well, since going minimalist in the past 9 months, and having no pain at all, and even seeing my arches start to elevate for the first time in my life, I now know that I should have been in minimalist shoes. The muscles in my feet were never given a chance to support themselves. Looks like my 2 year old son will have flat feet too, so he wears minimalist now also.

Boys - Baby & Toddler | pediped footwear | Soft-Soled Baby Shoes | Infant Toddler Baby Shoes
    Last edited by Kyle46N; 05-06-2011 at 05:06 PM.

llewin is offline Member
    Yeah, I know there are a good number of minimalist sole shoes out there. I'm wondering if anyone has found shoes with both a minimalist soul and a nice wide toebox. I'd rather my kids avoid the lateral toe compression that traditionally fitted shoes cause if I can help it.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Soft Stars, made right in Corvallis, Oregon.

Soft Star Shoes:

I wear my adult ones every time I go outside.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    My daughter stays barefoot most of the time. She has jiffy-store feet everyday, and her bathwater is the color of asphalt at the end of the day, but it's just easier on her, my mind, and better for her development. I will put her in flip-flops if we are going out for a long time, and she has Chucks that are for aesthetics more than anything and end up in the bag anyway.

heartsamy is offline Junior Member
    This might sound crazy, and it's totally possible that I am full of sh*t, but both of my kids (3 and 5) have been wearing crocs since they grew out of robeez and pedipeds. I know they have a fairly thick sole but it's really soft and pliable, and it seems like there is so much room in the footbed that it's pretty much like the kids are barefoot. Also crocs make it really easy to GET barefoot. Plus it's sorta okay if they trashed.
    Amy--

And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

rojerronny is offline Junior Member
    My son is 15 months. He is currently working with a pair of boots Striderite, consumption, Robeez shoes, when he learned to walk, a few months ago. I have an incredibly low price of brand choice, boots, because I am a knowledgeable friend, said Striderite children the best brand of shoes. However, in reality, they have no research to support this, do not know if there are other shoes, which will be the second fastener.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I used striderights for my daughter and LOVED them. I liked the way they were constructed and were FLAT to help her with balance as she walked.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

mlm
    mlm is offline Junior Member
    We buy Ciciban shoes for our girls and love them! They are awesome, the smaller sizes have a really thin, flat sole and a very wide toebox. The sole gets a bit thicker in larger sizes but is still flat and flexible. We used to buy them in Europe, but they are now in North America - Ciciban Canada Webstore
    They are all made in Europe (no Chinese shoes for us) :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast