Thread: Hey and help page

rich1977 is offline Member

Hey and help

Shop Now
    Hi guys,
    my names Rich, 33 years old from the UK

Im overweight and have just started going primal this week

I used to love my carbohydrates like crisps, chips (fries) breads,rice, potatoes etc..

Since last Sunday I started. cut out all my breads and potatoes and rice etc. Im now on meat (chicken, beef, lamb,pork) aswell as fish (mackeral, salmon, tuna etc) My fruits are just berries, strawberries,blueberries, raspberries and some apples. I also eat mixed salad, spinache, brocolli, mushrooms etc.
    I walk everyday, gym twice a week lifting heavy.

Anyhow the last 2 days Ive had stomache ache in the mornings, and when i go to poo, its been comming out black. Im a bit worried that i automatically assume its got something to do with bleeding.
    Has anyone else experienced this. could it be down to the diet change?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Bowel movements definitely will be different on a primal diet. If you're concerned you could have your doctor check a stool sample just to ease your mind.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Any time you change your diet, it takes a while for your digestive system to adjust. See a doc if you are worried. But probably ok.

Would be good to get in some sprints once or twice a week. 8 times 30 seconds so hard that your body thinks you barely escaped a sabre toothed tiger and your tongue is hanging out.

Getting enough vitamin D3?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

rich1977 is offline Member
    Hi guys,
    thanks so much for the replies,
    poo wise everything seems ok now, im still getting massive cravings in the evenings for cereal, but im ignoring it and snacking on berries and seeds and nuts (if I need to)

feeling great and lost a few pounds already :-)