Thread: Does anyone else have this problem? page

TimR is offline Junior Member

Does anyone else have this problem?

Shop Now
    There are so many different ways I like to exercise, I'm having a hard time fitting them into a weekly schedule that still allows sufficient rest (I'm 44 and find I feel best with a couple of days off a week).

So, I've got: Sprinting, LHT, Bodyweight/Plyo, and hiking.

I really, really like sprinting, so I'd like to keep that a twice a week thing. I've tried:

Day 1 Sprinting
    Day 2 LHT
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 Sprinting
    Day 5 Bodyweight/Plyo
    Day 6 Rest

Repeat. The hikes I just work in as I have time, usually on the non-sprinting days.

I guess I am just wondering if 1 LHT and 1 Bodyweight session a week is 'enough', or if the following cycle might be better:

Cycling by week, so something like:

Week 1:

Day 1 Sprinting
    Day 2 LHT
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 Sprinting
    Day 5 LHT
    Day 6 Rest

Week 2:

Day 1 Sprinting
    Day 2 Bodyweight/Plyo
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 Sprinting
    Day 5 Bodyweight/Plyo
    Day 6 Rest

So essentially just doing sprints and LHT one week, sprints and bodyweight the next.

What do you think? How have you found it is easiest to fit everything in?

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Hey TimR- I don't over think it and do what ever it is I feel like doing at the time. Also, I try to incorporate things I enjoy into my daily duties. I love to cycle so I ride a bike to and from work most days. Some days I feel like walking or sprinting so I do that. So basically any errand where I have to leave the house, I leave the car and have a little fun!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    You could always work the lower body with weighted squats on pushup/pullup days.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    No I stick with one aspect of fitness only. My chosen area of expertise is raw strength as in powerlifting.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>