Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farmers Market Shopping

Farmers Market Shopping

Shop Now
    For those of you that shop at farmers markets, do you go with a list of things to get (like you would at a grocery store) or just pick up what looks good/has a good price?

My work schedule changed recently so now I can't wait to go to the farmers market a few times a week! However, I normally go through my recipe books & then pick up what I need.

Depends for me. Berries are always on the list and usually tomatoes. Most of the time I just wing it and then plan my meals around what I bought. I can`t wait for farmer`s markets!!
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

I just get what has a good price and looks appealing. That's the best part- not knowing what you'll end up with.

I always have a list, but I am open to buying something new as well, as different veggies/fruits come into season or someone has goose eggs, etc...

Most farmers markets have websites that will say whats in season. You will get used to what you can usually find after a few trips. Then if something just looks really good. Change your meal plan for the week. I usually leave one or two days a week open and just improvise.
    Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I always have a list, but I am open to buying something new as well, as different veggies/fruits come into season or someone has goose eggs, etc...
    Thats pretty much what I've been doing.

Farmer's Market Goodies picked up today:

Grass Fed Beef - Round roast
    Pasture Pork - Smoked pork chops and Smoked bacon
    Organic Pasture eggs: 3 dozen (still have 1 dozen left from last weekend's trip to the FM)
    Veggies: organic romaine and organic cucumber (still not a whole lot of local produce available.)

Metric, that looks awesome!

BF and I hit up Ithaca yesterday. Not much produce but I did walk away with some duck eggs and Japanese yams. Couple of treats I can only really get there.

Oops. Posted in the wrong thread. Meant to post in this one: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread56122.html

Oh well.

Shop Now
    No need for a list when you know what you like to eat. Just head in and get what suites you!