Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: JKC Takes the Plunge page 8

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Weekly check in.
    Still hovering around 120 lbs.
    Measurements 34-24.25-34.5 - I don't think I really lost an inch in my boobs from last week - just not wearing a bra this measurement
    thigh 18.875
    arm 10.5

slight downward progress - all in all, doing well.
    Last couple of weeks I have been having one dessert a week. I seem to be able to handle it - I don't get bingy from it, and my weight is still steady, so why not.

I realized this week, that I need to concentrate on stress reduction. I have a rather horrendous situation going on with my oldest boy (22) and although it has been this way for a while (3 years), it has only been recently that I have been physically well enough to even start processing through my feelings on the situation. Because of some of the choices he is making in his life right now, my contact with him is really minimal, and I can't get any closer while he is acting the way he is. I miss him, and I am really hurting from these choices he is making. I have to work on processing the loss I am having right now, and getting through it to a point that I can be able to accept the situation without still having all this horrendous pain over it. One of the reasons I have less energy now than I would like to is that I have a lot of emotional resources tied up in this. I am emotionally brittle now - things that normally wouldn't cause a big reaction do cause a BIG reaction, and I don't like the effect that is having on my other relationships. My husband is wonderful and understanding and one of the few people I can actually talk to about this.

I lost my brother 10 years ago - he was the victim of a violent crime. The process of grieving him was hard, and in some ways is very similar to what I am going through right now, even though my son is not dead. This next year, I will devote to getting through this.

Any praying lurkers out there, I would appreciate whatever prayers you could give me - just whatever God puts in your heart.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

JKC
    Checking in again. Still 120. Should change my profile pic - it is around 10 lbs ago. Not spending so much time on the computer - which is a healthy sign for me. Lots of computer time usually means I am feeling low energy and not up to much.

Measurements:
    34-24.5-34.5 - waist up .25 from last week - I am looking a little puffy and feeling gassy - I think I forgot a lactaid yesterday with some dairy. Or maybe it is waist weight.
    Thigh 18.5 - down .375 (progress!)
    Arm 10.25 - down .25 (more progress!)

very active yesterday - got lots done and it feels great to be active. I am not by nature a lazy person so it is good to be able to have a full day and enjoy the accomplishment of getting a lot done.

still eating ray peat style, but thought I'd try doing it in the context of 3 meals a day - leptin reset style. I tend to need energy in the morning, and a big breakfast should help with that. I just need to make sure I don't bump my calories up when I change - maybe I should keep an eye on them for a couple of days just to see.

Stomach is great - I think I have finally dialed it to what ti takes to have a good belly (plus enough healing has happened) Only 2 bouts of diarrhea in the last 3-4 weeks, which is amazing for me. Another reason to feel good - physically and emotionally!

Emotionally and spiritually I am feeling more at peace too. Meditating upon some of the proverbs these days - Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding - don't be wise in your own eyes. Be teachable and humble. Don't think you can figure everything out.

Thyroid felt high despite normal tsh (1.28) took it down from 7 pills a day to 5 or 6 a day, and that is helping energy level and mood tremendously too.

Little by little, things continue to get better.
    Karin

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

JKC
    weight 120 again
    measurements 34-24.5-34.5
    thigh 19
    arm 10.5
    a little higher than the last 2 weeks, but not a whole lot of noticeable change, clothes-wise, and I may start taking measurements less often

Lowering thyroid actually a bad idea - I am back up again - hopefully this is a better idea - my best energy so far was around 7.5 pills a day, a few months ago - so back I go to there - my tsh was .4 when I was there last time - I am happy to stay there if I can - I haven't been exercising as much the last month or so - haven't had the juice for it which is frustrating - getting pretty close to a full pull-up too. Higher TSH makes it harder to avoid diarrhea too - so that is something I have to watch out for - seems like starches are bad for the tummy although sugars are ok for it - unless I go hog wild on them. Tried a couple of days of leptin reset and I felt awful on it - I got headachy - it just didn't suit me, even with quite a big breakfast. I can still have a bigger breakfast if that is what I need without being as rigid as the leptin reset wants you to be.

I'm not sure leptin reset is the be all and end all anyways - if it is, I am in trouble lol.

Big changes have happened with my son that I was hurting about - he is making some really positive moves in his life - so thank you anyone who prayed - God is definitely moving in this situation.

Gtg now - big computer time is hard on my neck and shoulders so I have to stay away from it.
    Karin

Jermoz is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi Karin, Great journal, I noticed there hasn't been a post on here for some time from you and I hope you are still around and Primal. I just wanted to check in with you as I think you are living in Fort McMurray. I have been there for 6 years now and been primal for 3 years. Just wondered if you were living here, if we could share some primal local resources (ie. where to get primal foods that are hard to get) just respond to this post to let me know

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678