Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JKC Takes the Plunge page 3

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Breakfast was an apple - I used to do apple and oatmeal, pre primal, so this works too - I liked it yesterday.

Lunch 2 hamburger patties with extra old cheese, green leaf lettuce salad with balsamic and a small baked potato

Dinner will be pork roast braised with potatoes onions garlic and sherry. Kale with coconut milk for the green portion.

I feel really energetic today, YAY! Which is awesome because my house is a huge and disgusting mess, and I have started to make a dent in it. When my husband has these long periods of work, things go to the dogs a bit. I woke up totally overwhelmed by what I had to do, and although I haven't finished everything yet, I feel like I have accomplished something good, which makes me feel great

I should head off again - it is far too easy to spend far too much time on the computer.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

JKC
    Dinner was good - but I was too busy to take pix of it. I was energetic into the evening - even did a bit of mending and making kids lunches, which usually gets done the next morning. I think I may go on a declutter binge if this holds up. And this morning.....
    weight:130
    Lowest yet on PB, which is awesome.
    It looks like this adding carbs back a bit is the right thing for me.

Having my thyroid sorted out again too is part of the solution too, I am sure.

Edit: I think I may have to toss the extra old cheese too - still stomach issues, and it is the most likely culprit (sigh)... Oh well, lots of other good stuff out there to eat.
    Last edited by JKC; 05-10-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    Karin

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

JKC
    Breakfast - leftovers from last night. I am really developing a liking for kale
    today was not as super energy as yesterday, but still good and consistent. I went out in the morning to a bible study and finished my housework in the afternoon, then had an extra kid over on a play date.

didn't do much in the way of exercise (did LHT yesterday), but I did some housework, and I would think that might count as move slowly. In any case, I will try to remember to bike for half an hour this evening.

I am sooooooooo looking forward to warm weather. It is still rainy around here and I can feel it in my bones! I would love to sit out somewhere on a beach for a week or so (or even longer ;P )
    Karin

JKC
    Dinner tonite: Chicken stirfry with baby bok choy, sweet potato, carrot, broccoli, and a bunch of other things - basically my version of a BAS, but it is a BAStirfry

Untitled by JKarinC, on Flickr

This will probably be breakfast too. I had a couple of squares of 90% chocolate too. Tonite, just a cup of tea, I think. I need to watch taking my thyroid meds with food, which I did today - not conducive to getting a full dose!
    Karin

JKC
    Not much MDA time today:

Breakfast: leftovers from last night
    Snack: More leftovers and 2 squares chocolate
    Supper (in the makings): Broiled cod, beets, sweet potatoes and beet greens

Fitness would basically be housework and walking kids back and forth to school today.

Feeling definitely PMSy, even though I am not due for at least a week or so. Sigh...this WOE has not helped in that department.
    Karin

JKC
    Weight yesterday was 132, this morning was 130, so I have definitely ratcheted down a couple of pounds after increasing carbs.

Still dopey again - I upped my cytomel by 2.5mg - I was feeling better at 42.5 than I was at 40. I need to get tested again - I am wondering if the TSH is working well because it said I was too high at 42.5. I will try a few days at this dose and see. I have done walking back and forth to school, but no strength workout - it doesn't even feel like it is healthy to when the thyroid feels off.

Breakfast was 2 eggs, bacon, spinach tomato and mushrooms. And a couple of squares of chocolate.

Random snacking on an orange, some carrots and some ham since then. Dinner will be burger patties because it is easy. Baked potatoes too I think. And a nice salad of some sort.

Need to start getting ready for VACAY soon - leaving for a few weeks in a bit over a week - yay!
    Karin

JKC
    weight 130

Went out for brekkie at the local greasy spoon with my husband - bacon, eggs, sausage and hashbrowns. Probably lots of crappy oils, but I don't do it that often, so it is all good
    I have been off all dairy for 3 days or so and I am definitely noticing a difference in the tummy. I think I am more lactose intolerant than I originally thought. I am better off with no dairy, although I will miss it. Even lactaiding things doesn't seen to work that well for me consistently.

Still PMSy, but not with the accompanying bitchiness that often goes along with it. Part of my recent reading has been about not stuffing your feelings, which is something that I have done a lot of without really realizing I was doing it. When I was little it would have been deadly to let people know what you felt, and I never had the sense it mattered a whole lot anyways - my parents were too wrapped up in their own troubles. Little did I realize that it was still really dictating what I was doing these days. Maybe primal is helping with this stuff too - getting your eating right must help with getting your head and heart right too - after all we are one big system, not just a bunch of separate systems that do not interrelate with each other. Anyways, it is growth in a positive direction which is all good.

Figured out 40 cytomel (8 pills) is not enough and 42.5 (8 1/2) is too much. Now trying 41.25 (8 1/4)pills. Sigh....I am so like the princess in the princess and the pea........
    Karin

JKC
    I need to figure out what to make for supper and I have no motivation to figure it out! Blah! I hate it - I haven`t felt that way much lately, but I sure do today!
    Karin

JKC
    Hamburger patties, leftover salad and some sweet potato - nice, easy and tasty
    Karin

JKC
    This morning was borked.....

Had a breakfast meeting at church that went on way too long, and all they had for breakfast, was strawberries, grapes, cinnamon buns and this concoction with eggs, ham, bread, cornflakes and cheese all baked like a casserole, ugh.

I had an apple before I left - we were in a rush and I wasn`t hungry yet, and then all I could have was the grapes and strawberries.

Meeting went on.........from 9 am til 11:30 or so, with my kids watching videos etc in the other room and me having to get up every 10-15 minutes to deal with them. At the end of the meeting I was stressed and tearful, from trying to do too many things at one time.

And then I had to make it worse for myself.....

I has some decorative painting to finish up at church too, and I wanted to get it done before our vacation, so hungry, tired and grumpy, I took my 5 year old in with me and finished this up. This was not a good idea, and I was taking care of a wall when I should have been taking care of me (ouch - what a thought that is).

I still have such a hard time saying no and not being able to do everything everyone asks. People please a little, you think?

No more church meetings where I have to babysit and attend the meeting at the same time. Nor do I want to spend 40 bucks in babysitting costs to attend a meeting.

Next time, I will bring food, even if it looks silly.

I am now going to opt out of all decorative painting at church for now. If I want to decorative paint, I have many blank walls in my own house I can tackle.

And I need to figure out why saying no to others is so hard and saying no to me is so easy.

Breakfast - fruit (yuck)
    Lunch - eggs. I should get some veggies or something, but right this minute, I don't care.
    Karin

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast