Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your weight loss stalls, get your RMR tested! page

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member

If your weight loss stalls, get your RMR tested!

I only lost about 2-3 pounds the entire month of March. As you can see from my .sig, I have a lot to lose, and I just really started in January, so it seemed too soon for a stall. I was periodically tracking my calories and carbs, mostly out of curiosity, and I was getting 1600-1800 calories a day. I wasn't hungry or anything, so I figured I was doing everything right, and as long as I was dropping inches, the weight would follow.

I got my RMR and body composition tested, and it turns out that my RMR was higher than I thought it would be. According to the testers, I needed to be eating about 1950 calories a day. So I started upping my caloric intake to reach those levels, and lo and behold I lost 7.5 pounds since April 9th. I do my measurements on the 18th-19th of each month. My pants are getting loose again, so I checked my waist yesterday, and I'm already down almost another inch since April 19th.

Funny that I needed to eat more to lose more, but I did. If you're having issues with following the Blueprint perfectly and not losing, you may want to look into testing your RMR!

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for sounding dumb, but what's RMR and how would one go about getting it tested?

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    Sorry for sounding dumb, but what's RMR and how would one go about getting it tested?
    Resting Metabolic Rate - the amount of calories you burn doing absolutely nuthin'.

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Resting Metabolic Rate - the amount of calories you burn doing absolutely nuthin'.
    Aaaaah-haaaaa! Thank you

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    You obviously either defy ~~the laws of thermodynamics~~ or (tongue-in-cheek) you were overestimating how much you were consuming before and underestimating how much you're eating now. CLEARLY.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    You obviously either defy ~~the laws of thermodynamics~~ or (tongue-in-cheek) you were overestimating how much you were consuming before and underestimating how much you're eating now. CLEARLY.
    Going to disagree with that. Here is why. After my first round of HCG which corrected poor Hypothalamus signaling My caloric needs skyrocketed. I went from eating too little to what i concidered too much. what mattered to me was the results I ate to the scale meaning i ate everything it took to stay on my goal weight. that first round had me eating 5000 Kcals daily to keep from GAINING.

I am going to posit that by moving toward Primal DrainBead cleared some metabolic imbalances and as a result needs more food to stay out of starvation mode.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    Right. Eating too little or exercising too much can cause the body to go into conservation mode, and no weight will be lost or it will be very, very slow.

Quelsen, what is HCG?
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    human chorionic gonadotropin is a glycoprotein hormone produced during pregnancy that is made by the developing embryo after conception.

It jumpstarts the FSH/LH and HPA axis' to help certain hormonally challenged individuals restore a healthy balance and thus encourage normal weight regulation.

Just like the Ketosis Diet for epilepsy this is way old stuff that keeps getting buried under Big Pharma
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    And you test it how?

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Canarygirl View Post
    Right. Eating too little or exercising too much can cause the body to go into conservation mode, and no weight will be lost or it will be very, very slow.
    Exactly. It mystifies me how some people don't seem to be aware that metabolic rate can change. You want to eat enough so that you lose weight but without going into starvation mode. Also avoids the risk of the body going into panicky weight gain mode later on as well.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast