Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you miss on PB ? page 3

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I miss my sour stomach! Haven't felt that one in a very long time. Vile mood, also - that was great stuff.

Seriously - deluxe steak nachos would be nice, as would peanut butter cookies. Peanut butter cookie / ice cream sandwiches. A great, meaty sandwich with real bread would be nice once in a while.

Would I ever go back? nu-uh. Nope.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    I miss ordering a Smothered beef burrito, but stuffing myself on the corn chips and salsa so that I can take the burrito for lunch the next day... just sayin'!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Diomedes of Argos is offline Junior Member
    I had a Reese's Peanut Butter cup for an Easter treat. It tasted like skata and I did not enjoy it like I thought I would. I do miss Greek pastries with filo dough though.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    French fries and fried chicken I love fried food... I guess I could primalize it at home with some tallow but that's more trouble than it's worth. On sunny days, my best friend and I used to meet up for beer and fries at a bar after work. She's moved away so it's not something we do any more anyway, but having a chicken salad in that setting is just not the same.

Other than that though, I don't miss much. Whenever the french fry craving strikes, which isn't more than once a week, I oven roast some sweet potatoes. Served with some mayo, that takes care of the craving. I thought I would crave sweet things but I really don't, because I still allow myself a piece of chocolate a day.

John Gibson is offline Senior Member
    there are times I miss the old stuff...

Last night I kicked back and celebrated 99 pounds off with a couple of ounces of rum... Grok laughed at me from the corner of the room.

With the rum came some clouded judgement and some corn chips and potato chips...

well... back on the Primal Wagon today...

John

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Convenience. I miss not having to think too much about food. Sometimes at the end of the day I just don't feel like cooking, but if I want to eat I have to. I was never all that bad about junk food, the occasional pig-out, but being able to open a can of soup and eat that with some bread or crackers. Yeah, I miss that.

Drain Bead is offline Senior Member
    Sushi. Sashimi is good, but every now and then you want one of those fun rolls with all the rice and stuff in them.

Every now and then I get a whiff of someone else's french fries and start drooling, but I remember how crappy they make me feel and don't indulge.

Wayneeuk is offline Member
    Peanut butter and indian takeaways

Anivair is offline Member
    I find I don't "miss" much because if I have a really solid craving for something, I just set aside a time and eat it. I don't go nuts, but at easter I had some chocolate. A few months ago we went to a really nice Italian place out of town and I ate pasta. Not primal or paleo at all, but I did it because it was delicious. Bad food (grains, sugars, etc) should not be seen as nutritional items, but as indulgences, like alcohol. If you get drunk every night, no big surprise when that doesn't make you healthy. if you eat pasta 4 days a week, the diabetes shouldn't surprise you either.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcatbone View Post
    convenience. i miss not having to think too much about food. sometimes at the end of the day i just don't feel like cooking, but if i want to eat i have to. I was never all that bad about junk food, the occasional pig-out, but being able to open a can of soup and eat that with some bread or crackers. yeah, i miss that.
    yes!!!!!!!
    +100000000000000000000000000000000000000

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast