Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Francesca's Belly) page

Francesca is offline Member

Primal Journal (Francesca's Belly)

Primal Fuel
    So I've been fannying about with this Primal lark for over a year now. My first 30-day Challenge yielded some results but since then I've not really committed, despite spouting the wonders of Primal at anyone within earshot, and thus become a bit of a fatty. This sucks. Big time. Plus I'm ill again. I've lost count of the number of times I've been ill in the last year which has not be conducive to an acedmic mindset. I'm tired of being ill, I'm tired of being a bit of a fatty, and I'm tired of being tired all the bloody time.

I need to do something about this, and so here I'll write stuff down. Exercise trials, food intake, general ups and downs. Having this process somewhere where others can see it might actually encourage me to keep going. I want to improve my health and lifestyle.

Here we go...
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Francesca. Keep reporting in and we'll keep you on your toes
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks for the support Belinda lets see how we go!
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

Numbers

Here are some numbers:

neck - 12.7"
    arm - 12.0"
    waist - 31.0"
    navel - 34.0"
    hip - 37.8"
    thigh - 22.5"
    waist-to-hip ratio - 0.82
    body fat - 28.62%

At first glance it might not seem too bad to others but a 34" belly is over the danger threshold for illness and disease, and just a few months ago my waist was 26", w-t-h 0.70 and body fat 18.35%. A 10% increase in approximate body fat in so little time is not right or good for me.

I'd like to get my body fat down below the 20% mark. I know I'm by no means huge and I know the calculation isn't an especially accurate one, but it is something I can mark my progress against and the measurements will allow me to track any changes in my body shape.

Above the body stuff though I'd like to be healthy and this is much harder to quanitfy. I wish to be ill less often, sleep better, have more energy, be faster and stronger, have clearer skin etc. This is another reason for me writing this down, as these are mainly subjective things I'll be able to look back over what I thought along the way. Today for example I have had very little energy and have found it hard to concentrate for just a few minutes. I feel quite low and frustrated (also nervous about exams).

Tasks for today: vitamins, water intake, sleep pattern, (revise!)
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

You can do this! Needs patience, that's all.

I went from 30 " to 26" waist (and still shrinking!) and 40" to 35.5" hips in 4 months.

Thanks Dragonfly, that's what I like to hear! Need to work on this patience thing...
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

I've just been to vote and am feeling pretty positive about democracy and the like but am starting to crash a little now, despite only getting up around 10. I know I've got loads to do so can't really afford to rest much. I'm going to drink plenty of water and go make myself an awesome salad for lunch and see how I go. I am still recovering from illness so if I need to I will take a short rest this afternoon as I need to be awake for my exam tomorrow.

I got my vitamins and water in yesterday but my sleep was all over the place. I think I was still awake after 2 this morning. It could be a little due to stress so I'm going to try and not worry about it and get a good few hours in tonight. Weirdly on different days I've been wide awake at 4 in the morning (after some sleep) or still awake at 2 or struggling to get up at 10... Odd. Frustrating. I reckon a lot of it is due to illness so if it's not better in a week or so then I can start worrying, for now I'll just do my best to keep to a normal routine.
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If you're doing very low carb, maybe have half a sweet potato.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Interestingly I hadn't thought about my energy levels dropping due to low carbs. I'll see how I feel tomorrow but I might have to put off that part of my transition until after exam season. Also have mega headache despite drinking a lot of water. Weirdly feeling awake-ish now but kno I need to start winding down so I can get a good sleep tonight.
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

Trying to be fairly low carb at ~100g max but not being overly strict due to crappy energy levels and exams and that. A one hour exam really took it out of me today and I spent most of the rest of the day sleeping. A lot of water on board though which is a good thing and no eating crap which is also positive. Not feeling physically great at all.
    "BELLY'S GONNA GETCHA!"

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast