Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 day Binge :( page

Zeus is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I've been doing really well with my primal way of eating for the past 5 weeks and the last 2 days I've messed up, I had 2 major binge episodes and I'm feeling guilty, anxious and just depressed all round.

I'm not going to weigh myself because I know the weight will be high. I'll have a short fast to clear my system a little but the guilt is massive. Feel like I've messed up all my hard work, have I?

just wanted to share my feelings as i have noone else i would like to share them with. any words of wisdom?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Try not to feel guilty Zeus. You aren't messing up your hard work. This is a journey, not some sort of religion with sins and transgressions. The great thing about a lifestyle (PB) versus a diet, is that you cannot ruin it. This is your life, so you made some poor choices for the last two days, tomorrow you will make better choices.

No one is perfect. Also, you survived eating SAD up until this point, so a couple of days of non primal foods aren't going to kill you.

*hug*

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

I agree totally. This isn't about reward and punishment. The beauty of the PB way of life is that it's very easy to get back on track. Don't feel that if you had a couple old days out of 5 weeks where you went a bit off your PB way that it's all ruined. Because you've been feeding your body healthily for a good few weeks, it will be very easy to readjust to your healthier eating way if life once more.

Put it behind you and look forward, not back!

No need to feel bad. Willpower is also a resource. And no wories about the scale. I still dropped weight even after getting a 1/3lb angus burger to stay awake one night.

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Zeus, I feel for you. I did one of the challenge weeks and due to the very low carb and IFing I guess I pushed myself too hard. I spent the next two weeks eating nuts and chocolate and put on 5lbs, and am now kicking myself (and getting myself back on track).

We're all human and life's too short to beat ourselves up over a few mistakes.

When you slip-up you just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon, rather than sit in a puddle at the side of the road feeling sorry for yourself.

Zeus is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the support, it can be hard to get back on track as that voice in my head says you've messed up now what will another binge do but if I let the voice win I'll be forever eating like that.

@lil_earthmomm, thank you for bringing to my attention about it being a lifestyle and not just a diet, amongst all the change I forget that it's not just a diet. Deciding on it being a lifestyle should make it so much easier.

@PrimalK & Indiscreet, thanks guys yeah it's difficult but I'm determined to get back on the right track, todays feeling difficult becuase I'm now craving sugar, just need to keep myself occupied over the next couple of days and I'll be over the cravings soon.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

It definitely is a lifestyle, not a diet. Keep your spirits up and like you said, keeping busy over the next day or so will help you get over the sugar cravings.

We're all here to help!

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Feeling guilty is good.

It is your response to that guilt that will make or break you.

Do not dwell on your guilt or try and come up with excuses to justify your actions.

Use guilt as a tool.

Evaluate why you feel guilty. Remember how you feel now so when a situation arises again you can really weight the temporary benifit of a setback against knowing you will fell like a turd later.

syzchan is offline Member

Zeus, don't be too hard on yourself. Yes, guilt is good in that it may help prevent future binges, but if you're getting depressed from the guilt, then that might be a trigger for more binges. I would rather, take these two binges as a learning experience. Ask yourself why did you binge? Was it an emotional trigger? Needing comfort food? Lack of sleep causing cravings? Once you've figured it out, you can then plan for the next time you have an urge to binge, like keeping a slightly less primal treat that soothes that craving!

It's definitely tough battling the sugar cravings again but don't let that bring you down. Tough it out for a day or two and you'll be back on track. And more important, forgive yourself. We're all only human after all =)

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/will-momentary-compromises-derail-your-efforts/

Take heart!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast