Page 691 of 699 FirstFirst ... 191591641681689690691692693 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 691

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Glad the beard is working out for you. I'd like to see how I'd look with one.

CPA is not a bad route at all. Teaching I found to be frustrating (not the kids but from a politics/administration standpoint). Good luck!
    The teaching thing would just be a short term thing plus the added benefits of time off and the reimbursement for classes.

What field are you trying to enter
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    The teaching thing would just be a short term thing plus the added benefits of time off and the reimbursement for classes.

What field are you trying to enter
    I'm working towards a CCNA, well, a cert in Cisco, which is basically prep for the exam. I can use my GI Bill, and hopefully it will give me some flexibility to move once my wife is done with school. If needed I can use the classes towards a degree in Networking, but I am hoping not to have to get the full degree merely the certification, which people say will work, but we shall see.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I'm working towards a CCNA, well, a cert in Cisco, which is basically prep for the exam. I can use my GI Bill, and hopefully it will give me some flexibility to move once my wife is done with school. If needed I can use the classes towards a degree in Networking, but I am hoping not to have to get the full degree merely the certification, which people say will work, but we shall see.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, I feel as tho I should. The real $$$ is in STEM fields

I have no idea what you're talking about, I feel as tho I should. The real $$$ is in STEM fields
    Cisco Certified Network Associate - it basically certifies that you can work with/install/fix etc computer networks. (very basic description obviously)

My wife is a STEM major - Masters in math and finishing up a Bachelor's in Computer Science. I'm looking forward to being a kept man
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Cisco Certified Network Associate - it basically certifies that you can work with/install/fix etc computer networks. (very basic description obviously)

My wife is a STEM major - Masters in math and finishing up a Bachelor's in Computer Science. I'm looking forward to being a kept man
    You're going the STEM route too!

You're going the STEM route too!
    True, but let me live my dream of being a house husband aka professional video game player

Not that I would be able to do this for more than a week before I went insane, but currently, it is nice to think about.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Kenn i have to say i dont know if i can answer your missive.

I am content, however resting on laurels has never been for me,

I am on version 6.0 of life i guess. (v1.0 birth to 7, v2.0 7 -12. v3.0 12- 15. v4.0 15- 31, v5.0 31-40, v6.0 40-)

I have a newish job in my career working with the Kentucky State Court, assisting them in replacing a 25 year old court technology base. work i love with people i like.... Check

Health, still seeking the next hurdle to overcome, i know there is one since i keep bouncing off 310 regardless of how i attack it. HCG keeps me from rebounding too far, however my ultimate goal is to not need any pharmaceuticals for my life.

spirituality, no longer a seeker, left that behind a long while ago, a firm practitioner is where i am,

mentallly, having to relearn mediation, a side effect of the HCG, however not too focused on it so meh... if i need to work it is there.

friends, i haz some... :-)
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    True, but let me live my dream of being a house husband aka professional video game player

Not that I would be able to do this for more than a week before I went insane, but currently, it is nice to think about.
    professional gamer is a heavy workload man
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Kenn i have to say i dont know if i can answer your missive.

I am content, however resting on laurels has never been for me,

I am on version 6.0 of life i guess. (v1.0 birth to 7, v2.0 7 -12. v3.0 12- 15. v4.0 15- 31, v5.0 31-40, v6.0 40-)

I have a newish job in my career working with the Kentucky State Court, assisting them in replacing a 25 year old court technology base. work i love with people i like.... Check

Health, still seeking the next hurdle to overcome, i know there is one since i keep bouncing off 310 regardless of how i attack it. HCG keeps me from rebounding too far, however my ultimate goal is to not need any pharmaceuticals for my life.

spirituality, no longer a seeker, left that behind a long while ago, a firm practitioner is where i am,

mentallly, having to relearn mediation, a side effect of the HCG, however not too focused on it so meh... if i need to work it is there.

friends, i haz some... :-)
    Do you haz ze wimminz yet?

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    professional gamer is a heavy workload man
    Well, professional is a bit of a stretch as I would not expect to be paid. Dedicated amateur?