Page 659 of 699 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661669 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 659

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Plato believed that all knowledge is innate and that learning was simply bringing this knowledge out from within your soul.

So like when you learn something and you know it to be true, it is because you already knew the truth since birth and you are just now discovering it within you.

Everyone, according to Plato, has perfect knowledge, and learning is simply having that knowledge "recalled".
    Well teaching back then was basically helping a student reach the conclusions on their own so he's not wrong, in a manner of speaking. It wasn't like the indoctrination that ruins so many young minds these days.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Or at least it seems that way from what I've read.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    LOL... I should have said "young, scrawny, unkempt, sort of unwashed looking dudes" as it was a reference to how Wilton used to look in his avatar pic.

You, however, are stellar... and you know it! *remembers librarian photo ~sigh~*
    j/k. I recently bought some deodorant; I mean "real" stuff with aluminum-shit in it. I've tried every natural type under the sun and still stink so decided just to take my chances with alzheimer's.

I *want* to be attracted to Dr. Frank-n-Furter, but I just can't get past the delusional diva aspect. Eddie Izzard, OTOH is pretty awesome and I probably wouldn't kick him out of bed (or off the couch, kitchen floor, whatever).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Dr. Frank (the char) is way over the top to be sure... but to me it's in a wink and nudge fashion instead of full on "real diva", which I wouldn't like.

Eddie Izzard is just too awesome for words... in ladies clothing or in his male gendered get ups... funny, intelligent, seems to be really honest about who he is, and HAWT!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i'm going to go against the flow and say that eddie izzard in drag doesn't do it for me

but frank n furter.... MMMNG
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Well, while we're at it I might as well pull out the James Franco to drool over again...
    Yep, I never really thought he was HOT until I saw THIS pic... *sigh*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Plato thought that there was some external higher truth which you could not prove.

Is it truth that there is a God even though I cannot prove it to you?

Truth is only what I can prove to be true.

It may be true that I dreamed of Jeannie last night, but there is no way I could prove that to you. So in terms of philosophy, the statement, "I dreamed of Jeannie" is neither true, nor false, but simply a statement.
    Wtf does this have to do with allegory of the cave?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Yup, good point on the allegory. Any other good Greek/Roman to read without learning Latin? Any other recommended reading?
    Yes, shall post some later

Read cicero's de legibus

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Wtf does this have to do with allegory of the cave?
    Plato believed that there was a higher truth, one that could not be seen or proven.

Plato believed that there was a higher truth, one that could not be seen or proven.
    You missed the point of referencing the allegory in this thread