Page 641 of 699 FirstFirst ... 141541591631639640641642643651691 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 641

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    and awesome and super cool and great
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    well that's awesome, but the plot synopsis sounds depressing.

Set and produced in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with a former student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), with the aim of securing his family's financial future before he dies.[1]

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Who reads that shit anyway
    Watch, one of the best shows.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    well that's awesome, but the plot synopsis sounds depressing.
    No it isn't, it is fascinating. if you exclude the measure to save his family (drugs) it becomes a story about the extent to which you would go for your loved ones. In that context, there are some true 'what would I do' moments. It is worth watching and makes you think. Doesn't focus on the users and when it does, it is utterly jaw dropping. Try it!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    He wrote to his subject, rather than trying to do a magnum opus like so many do. I don't think he had the pov that he was a guru and he had it all figured out and was going to sell you on that. That's how I feel about books that I come across today more so than in the past, if they did I think they tried to keep that as hidden as possible. Again, that is a feeling or general sense that I have 0 statistical data to backup the claim.

I mean if you look at how progressives view "Wealth of Nations" they take the parts where he says things could plausibly work but are bad examples of how to achieve a means and say well it's obviously that he says "insert progressive economic ideal" could work. However, that writing style was common in that era to consider and explore as many possibilities without straight up stating my way or the highway.

You should check out Postmasculine it's interesting and pragmatic.
    I take that style of considering all options, and it confuses my friends as well sometimes.

Of all weird things, I actually stumbled onto that site a couple days ago because of his recent post on America. I ended up reading a lot of his posts, especially about vulnerability and minimalism. He's a good writer.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I might check out Breaking Bad.
    I just checked out the first show and thought it was shit. It probably gets better but I think I'll skip it.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I take that style of considering all options, and it confuses my friends as well sometimes.

Of all weird things, I actually stumbled onto that site a couple days ago because of his recent post on America. I ended up reading a lot of his posts, especially about vulnerability and minimalism. He's a good writer.
    His style has clarity, however, it requires an attention span that people today lack.

I agree he's a good writer and I don't agree with his political views, however, I find him willing to be more well rounded in his views, that allows me to appreciate his work.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Breaking Bad is the best series on TV hands down.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    No it isn't, it is fascinating. if you exclude the measure to save his family (drugs) it becomes a story about the extent to which you would go for your loved ones. In that context, there are some true 'what would I do' moments. It is worth watching and makes you think. Doesn't focus on the users and when it does, it is utterly jaw dropping. Try it!
    *shrug* oh well. Desperado was hilarious, and tonight's movie is Wanderlust. I think we should be sufficiently entertained until we can resume True Blood. Tonight I almost picked up Fright Night, but then I realized that i only wanted to get it because Colin Farrel is a hot vampire (no, i do not specifically have a thing for vampire fantasies, but Farrel is hot). So I went with Wanderlust instead.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Wanderlust is a horrible movie
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds