Page 640 of 699 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 640

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm assuming here, but i think magicmike means that people worry too much about how much or how little body hair a person has.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    I'm assuming here, but i think magicmike means that people worry too much about how much or how little body hair a person has.
    lol, freudian slip?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Adam Smith writes more in a thinking process and I don't think it's disjointed myself. He wrote as he was thinking about it and brought up the ways it in his thinking process. He didn't do what people typically do today which is have a thought and post whatever they can to prove it and ignore or attack what counters it. That's why I like his writing style.
    That's where I agree with you. It's similar to how I write things down myself.

Actually, I take back the disjointed part. That was my fault because I was expecting that particular writing to be an all encompassing philosophy. It only addressed a little section of philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    That's where I agree with you. It's similar to how I write things down myself.

Actually, I take back the disjointed part. That was my fault because I was expecting that particular writing to be an all encompassing philosophy. It only addressed a little section of philosophy.
    He wrote to his subject, rather than trying to do a magnum opus like so many do. I don't think he had the pov that he was a guru and he had it all figured out and was going to sell you on that. That's how I feel about books that I come across today more so than in the past, if they did I think they tried to keep that as hidden as possible. Again, that is a feeling or general sense that I have 0 statistical data to backup the claim.

I mean if you look at how progressives view "Wealth of Nations" they take the parts where he says things could plausibly work but are bad examples of how to achieve a means and say well it's obviously that he says "insert progressive economic ideal" could work. However, that writing style was common in that era to consider and explore as many possibilities without straight up stating my way or the highway.

You should check out Postmasculine it's interesting and pragmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    lol, freudian slip?

I didn't think anyone would catch that.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member

I didn't think anyone would catch that.

A cross post from the grokette thread?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

*thoughtful pause*

i'm counting down the minutes until the kids are asleep so we can watch True Blood.

*thoughtful pause*

i'm counting down the minutes until the kids are asleep so we can watch True Blood.
    Breaking Bad is better

hmmm...the DVD store was out of the next disc of True Blood. I might check out Breaking Bad. Tonight's entertainment will be Desperado.

*edit*
    oh, Breaking Bad. i had heard of it but couldn't remember the synopsis. Kind of like Weeds but a little more depressing, i think i'll skip.

If by depressing you mean awesome and well written and not typical garbage then yes