Page 636 of 699 FirstFirst ... 136536586626634635636637638646686 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 636

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I'm halfway through reading that and I've noticed that Rand seems to believe that it is important to come to a conclusion on all of these matters in order to program our everyday reactions to fall in line.
    Assuming she is correct that these decisions affect our daily interactions, why is it so important to give a yes or no answer? Can't we admit that we don't know and decide how to act anyway? For example I don't know whether the universe exists or not but I choose to act as if it does.
    Philosophy normally wants to say, "This is one viewpoint" or "Anything is possible." I am a decisive individual, and I like it when someone says "This is how it is, and I'm right damnit." Enough of the goofing around. I don't 100% think she is right, but I believe in the process of attaining 100% (or maybe 90%) because otherwise...why the hell try? I also think that any scientific, political, or other topic always begins with the philosophical. It's extremely lazy to not have an answer for this stuff from my point of view.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Philosophy normally wants to say, "This is one viewpoint" or "Anything is possible." I am a decisive individual, and I like it when someone says "This is how it is, and I'm right damnit." Enough of the goofing around. I don't 100% think she is right, but I believe in the process of attaining 100% (or maybe 90%) because otherwise...why the hell try? I also think that any scientific, political, or other topic always begins with the philosophical. It's extremely lazy to not have an answer for this stuff from my point of view.
    But you can always accept the fact that you don't know anything but decide to act on a certain belief. For example even though I don't know whether it's more important to help yourself or others I decide to help myself and my family.

I haven't really noticed a paralysing indecisiveness either. If I am like a newborn then I was one capable baby. Which is entirely possible since the first recording of me grabbing something in my baby book was my father's hand as he went to cut the umbilical cord.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Now I'm wondering how I always bring things back to me. Hey everyone: do I talk about myself too much? And I ask this not because it will change my actions but because I'm interested in your opinions.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Also I'm not going to be on a computer for ten days so make sure the mods don't delete this thread until I read your answers.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Also I'm not going to be on a computer for ten days so make sure the mods don't delete this thread until I read your answers.
    I promise not to talk about circumcision. try not to glue yourself to anything from fapping too much.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    I thought the farewell directive was not to feed the trolls?

( though that other thread seems to be swimming along well without a dictator present)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    of course it is

oooofffffffffff course
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    If you read Adam Smith's The Theory of Moral Sentiments you might not like his approach, however, while he does examine alternatives he does clearly state what he supports instead of giving an easy out like we see often happen today.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    I thought the farewell directive was not to feed the trolls?

( though that other thread seems to be swimming along well without a dictator present)
    farewell directive from whom? mods or alex?

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    farewell directive from whom? mods or alex?
    sorry, obscure reference to iodine thread and Grizz directive. I just watch that thread with awe and assume others do!