Page 58 of 699 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 58

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post
    Duct Tape makes for a great bandage. The glue coagulates the blood faster.
    I had no idea that the glue helped the blood coagulate, though it makes sense - I've definitely heard of using superglue to close wounds though. I did use duct tape once after I tore open that flap of skin between the thumb and pointer while cranking the litho press. Not a particularly impressive injury, but a whole lotta blood and I still had to finish the print run. Ya know, looking back, it's a miracle I still have all ten fingers.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    I was at the checkout of a Kmart. The clerk rang up $46.64 charge. I gave her a fifty dollar bill. She gave me back $46.64. I gave it back to her and told her that she had made a mistake in MY favor and gave her the money back. She became indignant and informed me she was educated and knew what she was doing and returned the money again. I gave her the money back again ... same senario ! I departed the store with the $46.64.

I walked into a Mickey D's with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon For a sandwich. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little Chalkboard that said "buy one-get one free." "They're already buy-one- get-one-free", she said, "so I guess they're both free" She handed me my free sandwiches and I walked out the door.

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when one Of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked up at the Sky and said, "Where ?"

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh I don't keep up with that stuff."

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific."

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car designed to cut through a Seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount.

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area, so I went To the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags Never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a Trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, has your plane arrived yet?"

While working at a pizza parlor I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding. "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces."
    Gotta love people! Thanks for the laughs!!! As a person who works in a call center, I loved your comeback on Pacific Time. I have actually told someone that before.
    Georgette

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i like the idea of sundresses, because i'm a wuss when it comes to temps over 90f, but i can only find dresses made from scratchy materials. give me a nice cotton or hemp sundress and i would wear it.

oops...very unmanly topic...
    I'm a big fan of retro type dresses like this Cherry Sun Dress - The Daisy Swing Dress in Black Cherry Poplin by Pinup Couture | Pinup Girl Clothing (lots of busty gals at that link, guys) as they tend to be better for bustier girls but they're hard to find. I hate ordering clothes online because I never know if it'll fit.

Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    I had no idea that the glue helped the blood coagulate, though it makes sense - I've definitely heard of using superglue to close wounds though. I did use duct tape once after I tore open that flap of skin between the thumb and pointer while cranking the litho press. Not a particularly impressive injury, but a whole lotta blood and I still had to finish the print run. Ya know, looking back, it's a miracle I still have all ten fingers.
    Duct tape is amazing as a bandage and clear nail polish will also do the trick in a pinch if you have it. Yeah, you were definitely lucky to still have all of your fingers after that mishap.
    Georgette

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I'm a big fan of retro type dresses like this Cherry Sun Dress - The Daisy Swing Dress in Black Cherry Poplin by Pinup Couture | Pinup Girl Clothing (lots of busty gals at that link, guys) as they tend to be better for bustier girls but they're hard to find. I hate ordering clothes online because I never know if it'll fit.
    That site is great for birthday/mother's day ideas. It's a win-win!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    kenn, the mind boggles.

geostump, i'm told i look good in a dress (i get the once over while wearing a tank and jeans), but i FEEL awkward. i hate to go back to the firefly conversation, but every time i wear a dress, i feel like it looks like the poofy one that kaylee liked.

penance:
    (sorry, not a lot of skin, but she's still cute)

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    YES TO SUNDRESSES

sorry, but sundresses are hot in ways I can't explain.

See also: skinny jeans and flats. FUCK.
    My hubs is also a big fan of all of the above. Skinny jeans for the butt emphasis, flats b/c he hates women in high heels (probably has to do with him being 5'5"), and sundresses for that ephemeral femininity thing. Not lingerie though - he seems to find it silly, and considers it a waste of time when you could just be naked instead.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    kenn, the mind boggles.

geostump, i'm told i look good in a dress (i get the once over while wearing a tank and jeans), but i FEEL awkward. i hate to go back to the firefly conversation, but every time i wear a dress, i feel like it looks like the poofy one that kaylee liked.

penance:
    (sorry, not a lot of skin, but she's still cute)
    If I HAD to wear something like that, I would look ridiculous. I think that is why I didn't wear a traditional wedding gown and just wore a simple dress.
    Georgette

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    Not lingerie though - he seems to find it silly, and considers it a waste of time when you could just be naked instead.
    Wise, wise words to consider when you're looking at expensive lingerie.
    I think I enjoy looking at myself in mine more than the BF enjoys ripping it off Nothing more confidence boosting than looking at yourself in the mirror and thinking 'Oh yeah. screw the rest of the world, I'd do me!'
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow this must be the fasted growing thread on the forum!
    I never bought any bandages after moving out, and I dont have duct tape either.. At the same time I have a tendency to want to pick off food that is stuck to my sharpened knives with my fingers..
    My response is usually light swearing and then wrap the cut in toilet paper or summin and apply pressure, then smear honey over the wound when the bleeding stops haven't gotten an infected wound this way! (but deep wounds have a tendency to break open and bleed again)