Page 574 of 699 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 574

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    and now we're back to the he-man woman hating club

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Obviously, history has shown that all men are the cause of problems in society. If society were ridden of men there would be no problems, DUH!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    not TOTALLY rid. maybe have a barn, keep some studs
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    All women are victims of the male hierarchy forgive me forgetting this key lesson from the feminist movement
    Sigh... I'm not a victim. I owned up and left those circumstances.
    But beating up children and having a wife who has no where to go because her parents(father) also believe that once married a wife should stay put no matter what is a fact of life for some people.

I was a victim of child abuse. I'm not a victim.
    Strange how my dad didn't hit my brother often but loved to hit my mother or choke her, threaten her life, whatever, then when she died hit me. Could that actually be learned behavior that has been supported by male hierarchy for many generations? Gasp! (Actually, yes... it is proven to be, even by those pesky MEN who study such things.)

And honestly, my own personal experience has nothing to do with the feminist movement... I knew that shit was wrong LONG before I ever knew what a feminist was. Like when my dad was pointing a shotgun at my head at the age of like 10. Or slamming me against the wall by my hair and choking me for no reason at all that I was aware of at 12. Or a thousand other times, and also when I heard my family talk about my mother's death in hushed tones (there was controversy as to whether it was accidental or not) but the conversation was always finished with "A man's family is his own business."

Kenn's record is broken.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with this!
    I don't hate men at all... I hate men who dismiss the very real fact that this shit HAPPENS and is supported in many ways in male dominant societies.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Obviously, history has shown that all men are the cause of problems in society. If society were ridden of men there would be no problems, DUH!
    yeah 'cause "not wanting to be slapped around" is totally the same thing as "all men should die"

hmm... just make sure to feed them (pineapple) well and provide plenty of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Sigh... I'm not a victim. I owned up and left those circumstances. ...
    wow, i'm glad you got out of that. thankfully, my family's dysfunctionality is mild in comparison.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Minimizing of folks' experiences with domestic violence is despicable, whether it's male on female, female on male, insect on horse or whatever. Personally, I grew up in a family filled with hyperviolent, BPD women and spineless men. It's a very lonely feeling knowing I can never talk with anyone about this without being laughed at or called a pussy.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Sigh... I'm not a victim. I owned up and left those circumstances.
    But beating up children and having a wife who has no where to go because her parents(father) also believe that once married a wife should stay put no matter what is a fact of life for some people.

I was a victim of child abuse. I'm not a victim.
    Strange how my dad didn't hit my brother often but loved to hit my mother or choke her, threaten her life, whatever, then when she died hit me. Could that actually be learned behavior that has been supported by male hierarchy for many generations? Gasp! (Actually, yes... it is proven to be, even by those pesky MEN who study such things.)

And honestly, my own personal experience has nothing to do with the feminist movement... I knew that shit was wrong LONG before I ever knew what a feminist was. Like when my dad was pointing a shotgun at my head at the age of like 10. Or slamming me against the wall by my hair and choking me for no reason at all that I was aware of at 12. Or a thousand other times, and also when I heard my family talk about my mother's death in hushed tones (there was controversy as to whether it was accidental or not) but the conversation was always finished with "A man's family is his own business."

Kenn's record is broken.
    No, however, you did play the stuff that I was describing as being such. Keep in mind I mentioned nothing about abuse and neither did you. You did equate everything I said as being the same as a victim of abuse. Since you're backtracking now, keep in mind that abuse is not as widespread as the media and other interest groups would have you believe, however, counterintuitive that would seem in your situation. The most recent study done in 1975 in the US that had unbiased access to reports (etc...) showed that it was 25-50-25 men, joint, female cause of abuse in the relationship.

Having said that, I was talking about situations in which abuse was not the cornerstone, you chose to make it about your personal past, rather than looking at the possible experience from an unbiased view. You want to paint me into a corner because it doesn't fit into your worldview, that is fine. This does, however, create an unbalanced understanding of how things would play out in my scenario, that is it is a world free of abuse be it women to men or men to women abuse. This is typical of the world despite decades of propaganda.

Additionally, everyone's personal experiences of the world heavily play into their conceptualization of the world, despite what you would like to deny. Again, I'll point out that I am a very pragmatic person.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    yeah 'cause "not wanting to be slapped around" is totally the same thing as "all men should die"
    Because men don't get slapped around by women, Puh-leeze!

I see it all the time in my cousin's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Minimizing of folks' experiences with domestic violence is despicable, whether it's male on female, female on male, insect on horse or whatever. Personally, I grew up in a family filled with hyperviolent, BPD women and spineless men. It's a very lonely feeling knowing I can never talk with anyone about this without being laughed at or called a pussy.
    C'mon the only thing that matters is women getting beat up by men in American society, it's obvious that women are the victims and that's precisely why domestic violence statistics are not released to the public. It's to keep us safe.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    chao- i'm sure there are others out there who have experienced abuse at the hands of women. i personally know more people who have been emotionally or physically abused by their moms than by their dads (but i personally know few people who have been abused, so i'm not attempting to make a societal statement here).