Page 571 of 699 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 571

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    what the fuck?

are you people actually trying to have a serious discussion?

about...FAMILY???

bitches be crazy.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    If you can't find privacy on a 100 acre farm, something is wrong with you
    Look... I just want to have a house to myself.... not have to escape people to have private time. It's just easier that way.
    If I feel like standing in my kitchen naked while drinking milk from the jar I don't have to worry about "uncle or aunt whoever", or anyone else. I also don't have to worry about relatives being bothered when I listen to Rammstein at decibels, or disliking it when I do any number of things that I do... like drinking milk straight from the jar in the refrigerator maybe.

Privacy. It's why I pay for my own home... even if I lived smack in the middle of 100 acres I'd want to live there alone (except for the husband), with a gate so that people couldn't just randomly show up at my front door.
    Yes, I'm a bit of an introvert, and so is the husband... I'm OK with that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Look... I just want to have a house to myself.... not have to escape people to have private time. It's just easier that way.
    If I feel like standing in my kitchen naked while drinking milk from the jar I don't have to worry about "uncle or aunt whoever", or anyone else. I also don't have to worry about relatives being bothered when I listen to Rammstein at decibels, or disliking it when I do any number of things that I do... like drinking milk straight from the jar in the refrigerator maybe.
    me too. then i had kids. someday they'll leave and then i can walk my wrinkly naked ass around the house without worry that one of them will be scarred for life.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Well in his situation it was on a 100 acre farm, so I would find it hard to believe that he wouldn't be able to find "privacy". Not to mention the fact that there were several buildings on this farm with lofts and such to disappear to. In my situation, I find that rotating schedules so everyone isn't home at the same time works very well for others.

It's either the lack of expectation of privacy or the respect of that allows these situations to work very well in smaller settings.
    I'm looking more like a small 5 acre farm unless someone in my family wants to go in on buying a bigger property haha but I definitely feel like it could work. I know at the very least I'd like for my mother to be able to come live with me vs just ending up alone somewhere.

I didn't growup in a multi-generational household, but with a few exceptions, I grew up within 10 miles of almost everyone in my family on both my parent's sides of the family. When I was really young, hated it, between all the family and all the family friends around, couldn't get away with shit. But now, looking back at it, I really appreciate growing up that way. Most kids nowadays don't get to walk down the street everyday after middle school and spend time with and learn from their great-grandparents. Looking back on that, I treasure it.

. I'm OK with that.
    Well, I'm not.

GTFO if you're going to ramble on about family.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Are you familiar with ancient chinese settings? They setup wings of houses within a complex to allow for privacy. it's much different than the contemporary household in the west. It allowed for communal and individual setups.

Having great loud sex or listening to music LOUDLY when I'm in the mood for that is still going to be heard by lots of other people. Not interested in hearing their crap, not interested in them hearing my crap.

For You Darth.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxO_t...eature=related
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    what the fuck?

are you people actually trying to have a serious discussion?

about...FAMILY???

bitches be crazy.
    we are. please rectify this troublesome direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    we are. please rectify this troublesome direction.
    Save yourselves.

Ima go do Satanic Rites 'n' shit.

do they involve chocolate cake? 'cause if they do, i might beg to join you.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Privacy. It's why I pay for my own home... even if I lived smack in the middle of 100 acres I'd want to live there alone (except for the husband), with a gate so that people couldn't just randomly show up at my front door.
    Yes, I'm a bit of an introvert, and so is the husband... I'm OK with that.
    Well my family is all German so it is considered to be ok to have loud sex in the household, I remember asking my uncle when he was going senile and my aunt confirmed that married sexual relations whatever the noise was considered to be a sign of a healthy relationship.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds