Page 570 of 699 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620670 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 570

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm quite aware of some benefits that they DON'T offer.... #1. Privacy.

No privacy... I'm out.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'm quite aware of some benefits that they DON'T offer.... #1. Privacy.

No privacy... I'm out.
    If you can't find privacy on a 100 acre farm, something is wrong with you
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    actually, something may be wrong with the other party. haven't you ever been chased by someone who insists on "settling" a fight immediately? I have. in those circumstances, i would probably end up shooting certain people. thank goodness we can afford nuclear family living situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    actually, something may be wrong with the other party. haven't you ever been chased by someone who insists on "settling" a fight immediately? I have. in those circumstances, i would probably end up shooting certain people. thank goodness we can afford nuclear family living situations.
    Do you own a gun?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    In this case curiosity gave me permanent ED.
    Finally some hope for the future of the species.

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Eh, my uncle moved in with my dad's family when he got married to my aunt and lived there for a couple years. They stayed together for 55 years or more (I can't remember) and he paid most of the bills and was always so loyal to my dad's family. I think a lot of people too easily discount multi-generational households and the benefits they offer.
    I agree. Multi-generational households can be extremely beneficial, so long as you have the room to allow everyone to have their own space and privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    I agree. Multi-generational households can be extremely beneficial, so long as you have the room to allow everyone to have their own space and privacy.
    Well in his situation it was on a 100 acre farm, so I would find it hard to believe that he wouldn't be able to find "privacy". Not to mention the fact that there were several buildings on this farm with lofts and such to disappear to. In my situation, I find that rotating schedules so everyone isn't home at the same time works very well for others.

It's either the lack of expectation of privacy or the respect of that allows these situations to work very well in smaller settings.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Do you own a gun?
    if you haven't figured that out by now, i'm not going to give you any hints.

i like the idea of multi-generational living in theory. it would be especially beneficial for everyone in the case of children. grandparents get to play a pivotal role in the kids' lives, parents get much-needed breaks, and kids are surrounded by loving adults who don't feel overwhelmed. in practice, i don't have any family who i'd actually like to live with. i could stand living nearby some family, though. maybe in separate houses down the block or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    if you haven't figured that out by now, i'm not going to give you any hints.

i like the idea of multi-generational living in theory. it would be especially beneficial for everyone in the case of children. grandparents get to play a pivotal role in the kids' lives, parents get much-needed breaks, and kids are surrounded by loving adults who don't feel overwhelmed. in practice, i don't have any family who i'd actually like to live with. i could stand living nearby some family, though. maybe in separate houses down the block or something.
    Are you familiar with ancient chinese settings? They setup wings of houses within a complex to allow for privacy. it's much different than the contemporary household in the west. It allowed for communal and individual setups.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    not exactly, but i've heard of similar living arrangements in middle eastern countries which are basically large townhomes with interior connecting entrances. again, it would really depend on the personalities. i know certain people who don't understand the concept of boundaries.

we do someday plan to build a house, and include a mother-in-law apartment on the property. the husband and i are both more-or-less the most responsible offspring of our respective parents, and with five aging parents (his two and my three), we know that eventually we're going to have to care for them. hopefully they'll stagger nicely.