Page 547 of 699 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549557597647 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 547

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    nobody listens to poor darth.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Get some confidence in yourself and date like a motherfu@$er. Most won't be successful, but at least you'll get your chops on (ladies look away) some of the uglies. Don't give up, there is someone out there for EVERYONE.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    This thread needs to come back.
    shadup and git back in yer hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    , there is someone out there for EVERYONE.
    There's also a bullet out there for everyone.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Get some confidence in yourself and date like a motherfu@$er. Most won't be successful, but at least you'll get your chops on (ladies look away) some of the uglies. Don't give up, there is someone out there for EVERYONE.
    the way you phrase it is kind of crass, but i don't think he should pass up dating opportunities just because a woman isn't an 8 or a 10, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    start to build an interesting life for yourself and women will want to take part in that. what are the things YOU want out of life?
    ick! I can't believe I actually agree with a lowly female about something.

On the serious- Create the life YOU want to be living, have a definite clear aim in life.

the way you phrase it is kind of crass, but i don't think he should pass up dating opportunities just because a woman isn't an 8 or a 10, right?
    I think it's more about not passing up the 8's and 9's for the PERFECT 10. (or the 7's for that matter.)

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    not necessarily. but it does make things a bit more difficult.

personally, i think if you're willing to be patient, just make it your goal to have fun, not necessarily to have a relationship. the air force is going to change quite a few things, including your locale and level of self-confidence. make personal goals and work toward achieving them. start to build an interesting life for yourself and women will want to take part in that. what are the things YOU want out of life?
    I can be patient. Lord knows my dating life is a testament to patience. Last date I went on was over 4 years ago (The Great Waffle House Disaster). You're right, the AF is gonna change things (for the better I hope). What I want out of life? A good job that means something (the AF will provide that), a good group of friends...a wife, a family one day I hope. Other than those things that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Sounds kinda boring, huh?

This has been advised to me by a few of my buddies. They say the only way to get experience is to fall flat on your face, a lot. I agree that there is someone out there for everyone; you just got to be willing to look. My willingness and self-confidence are not my strongest suits however...so many years being the fat guy who was good for laughs, listening, and not much else. Trying to change that as best I can.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    I can be patient. Lord knows my dating life is a testament to patience. Last date I went on was over 4 years ago (The Great Waffle House Disaster). You're right, the AF is gonna change things (for the better I hope). What I want out of life? A good job that means something (the AF will provide that), a good group of friends...a wife, a family one day I hope. Other than those things that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Sounds kinda boring, huh?

This has been advised to me by a few of my buddies. They say the only way to get experience is to fall flat on your face, a lot. I agree that there is someone out there for everyone; you just got to be willing to look. My willingness and self-confidence are not my strongest suits however...so many years being the fat guy who was good for laughs, listening, and not much else. Trying to change that as best I can.
    It's not a testament to patience, it's a testament to what happens when you give up on yourself and act like a quitter.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Don't misunderstand. I'm talking about what he (making a generalization here) perceives as someone either under, within, or above his league. To be honest, I find something attractive about nearly all women I meet, whether or not they're condidered "conventionaly" attractive. I was phrasing in a way that would be pallatable, that's all. It's just a question of being comfortable in your skin, and seeing someone in a light that you might not traditonally see them. Then, sparks can really fly. I wasn't trying to be atypical.