Page 545 of 699 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 545

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ohh a manly thread how smashing

Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    It seems like every guide/tip/advice out there is aimed at manipulating the ladies into thinking you're into the stuff they are but you're really not. Men, is this the state of our society where we now have to lie to the ladies to get them to give us a second look?
    No we have to lie to them to have meaningless sex and run away the next morning and never call

Meeting people is easy, meeting decent people is just a process of elimination
    Be yourself and listen to what people have to say.
    This way if they don't like you - f**k-em there cleary assholes. Plus listening to what they have to say you can work out if they are worth listening to or not, if they are you have treated them with the respect due to a fellow human and that's a good a start to anything you can make, and if they are not they are clearly and asshole - f**k-em
    Last edited by Tribal Rob; 03-20-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: stoopid typo
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Don't look for that stuff on the internet. Take up a sport and join a team or club and meet some guy friends you can hang out with. Women should be the least of your concerns before you get comfortable in your own skin and social situations. You need to learn how to hang out with other guys before you're ready to handle a woman.
    That's a good thought. I haven't taken my "new me" out for a spin yet simply because I don't know what to do with myself now. Before I knew my limitations-if I had to run more than a few feet, consider me doomed and done. Now I have all this energy, few limitations, and I'm wondering "what now?" My church used to have a softball team that played during the spring/summer months, maybe I can look into that, see if it's still around. I suppose my local YMCA has some stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    you asked men, but from a lady: no. I married a somewhat socially inept geek before geeks were cool, and i picked him because i liked him. My advice to you: brush up on social etiquette but don't take it too seriously. you don't have to be well-mannered, but you should know when you're "breaking the rules" as a matter of self-awareness.

second thing: think about traits that you consider attractive. not attractive in the "perfect feminine beauty" way, but according to the definition of the word. What personality traits do you like in people? What kinds of things would you like to do with your special lady friend? if you think it would be awesome to date women who are into rock climbing, then you need to get good at that. if you find you don't like rock climbing, well then maybe you don't want to pick that as a "shared interest," ya know? at the same time, if your intent is to find a dating partner, develop hobbies that are socially-oriented because this will get you out in groups of other people in a less-threatening way. Instead of trying to start up a conversation with a girl cold, you can focus on a topic that you already know she's interested in. then the focus is on the topic itself rather than yourself. oh, and when conversing with people, ask interesting questions about them and what they do.
    I welcome any and all comments, really, I am completely at a loss with women, do to a complete lack of experience with them. What hobbies are socially oriented though? Most of my hobbies are me-oriented; stuff I can do myself and without much hassle from others. I'm totally looking for a dating partner, not a one night stand ect.

The advice is appreciated, feel free to offer as much as you want; trust me, I need the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Ohh a manly thread how smashing

No we have to lie to them to have meaningless sex and run away the next morning and never call
    Yeah, that's pretty much what the internet guides espouse. It's really disturbing and kind of sad that so many guys are just in it for the sex, the thrill, and that's it. I don't like that, I don't roll like that, and frankly I find it repulsing. People should be treated as people, not things to have fun with and then toss aside when you're done.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Read Vin DiCarlo Pandora's Box, it will fit more into your world views

Prepare to be hurt, prepare to be rejected and stop putting *it* on a pedestal and you'll do ok.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post

I welcome any and all comments, really,

The advice is appreciated, feel free to offer as much as you want; trust me, I need the help.

End it all now.

Avoid the pain and agony that you're letting yourself in for, do yourself a favor, and just cease to exist.

Trust me on this one, you don't know what kind of pain and suffering are in store for you once I release the HellSpores, so you might as well just go as quickly and painlessly as you can...

...OR go spectacularly and do it publicly on video so we can all be entertained! Win-Win!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    for guys who are in it just for a roll around the hay, i don't think there's anything wrong with that per se. it's just wrong to give the wrong impression to the other person in the equation. more and more women are okay with that sort of thing. be aware of that when you start dating, too, because you might find yourself on the other side of that equation and get hurt.

socially-oriented hobbies? that's going to depend on what's available in your geographic region. what do people like to do? you mentioned a church, that may be a good place to get involved if religion is your thing. unfortunately, it seems that in certain areas, the ONLY way to meet people is at church or through work. in that case, if you have a hard time finding friends, it may be worth it to move to a larger area where there are more interesting things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    End it all now.

Avoid the pain and agony that you're letting yourself in for, do yourself a favor, and just cease to exist.

Trust me on this one, you don't know what kind of pain and suffering are in store for you once I release the HellSpores, so you might as well just go as quickly and painlessly as you can...

...OR go spectacularly and do it publicly on video so we can all be entertained! Win-Win!
    If I do end up ending it all, I will do is spectacularly and publicly, and rack up those youtube hits...but I don't think it'll come to that

No, I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll probably just keep coming back for more, lol.

for guys who are in it just for a roll around the hay, i don't think there's anything wrong with that per se. it's just wrong to give the wrong impression to the other person in the equation. more and more women are okay with that sort of thing. be aware of that when you start dating, too, because you might find yourself on the other side of that equation and get hurt.

socially-oriented hobbies? that's going to depend on what's available in your geographic region. what do people like to do? you mentioned a church, that may be a good place to get involved if religion is your thing. unfortunately, it seems that in certain areas, the ONLY way to meet people is at church or through work. in that case, if you have a hard time finding friends, it may be worth it to move to a larger area where there are more interesting things to do.

Uh...social things in my area?

I'm in the middle of Alabama. Socially, it's church, college football, and work pretty much. College football season is over (wasn't around for that anyway), and Church is kind of a dead zone; we have our fair share of people in my age group, problem is they're already taken so to speak.

I got plenty of friends that could serve as some sort of intermediate but they're social circles are wide and far more varied than mine; I suppose I'll have to expand my comfort zone otherwise I'll be stuck with nothing.

Hmm... how old are you?

Hmm... how old are you?
    23, going on 24 in October (which seems far away but really isn't). I'm near Montgomery (for some reason the capitol of this state) and there are plenty of clubs and stuff there...but I'm not much of a clubber type. Then again, life is all about new experiences...*shrugs*

i could be wrong, but it seems like clubs aren't the best places to find women anyway. are you in college? out of college? what do you do for a living? these are sort of rhetorical questions, but good places to start when you're thinking about expanding your social circles. you have friends, what do you do with them? are there women among them? women are just people with vaginas, so don't be so afraid.