Page 544 of 699 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594644 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 544

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    My new gun a Ruger Speed Six .357 Magnum
    Ruger is one of my favorite wheel guns. I had a Speed Six, it shot better than I did. Excellent choice.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Well I guess we all know where this is headed.

God Bless America - Official RED BAND Trailer (2012) - YouTube

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that's a nice gun. i like that gun.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Nice bait

$5 someone reports you because their sensibilities are offended (not me)
    Oh sure, blame it on a woman.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Ruger is one of my favorite wheel guns. I had a Speed Six, it shot better than I did. Excellent choice.
    It is very well balanced and is a durable gun. Will be fun shooting it for sure.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    This thread needs to come back.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    This thread needs to come back.
    Didn't even know this thread existed. This place is cool.

Okay, topic starter;

I'm attempting to develop a social life. I haven't had one...uh...ever. I was perpetually the fat guy from like 9 onwards so now, as the not fat guy (lost a 100 pounds in 8 months, now I'm 165) I need to develop all those social skills that I never had a chance too because I was busy stuffing my face in front of the TV with pizza and playing Madden with my buddies.

I am woefully, woefully, socially inept. I've taken to the internet to get some suggestions, look for some guides on how to be more social (especially with the ladies) and frankly I'm floored.

It seems like every guide/tip/advice out there is aimed at manipulating the ladies into thinking you're into the stuff they are but you're really not. Men, is this the state of our society where we now have to lie to the ladies to get them to give us a second look?
    Last edited by trekfan; 03-20-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Don't look for that stuff on the internet. Take up a sport and join a team or club and meet some guy friends you can hang out with. Women should be the least of your concerns before you get comfortable in your own skin and social situations. You need to learn how to hang out with other guys before you're ready to handle a woman.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Don't look for that stuff on the internet. Take up a sport and join a team or club and meet some guy friends you can hang out with. Women should be the least of your concerns before you get comfortable in your own skin and social situations. You need to learn how to hang out with other guys before you're ready to handle a woman.
    ^this. Also, lying is a losing game in the long run. It might score you a quick piece but it wont last.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you asked men, but from a lady: no. I married a somewhat socially inept geek before geeks were cool, and i picked him because i liked him. My advice to you: brush up on social etiquette but don't take it too seriously. you don't have to be well-mannered, but you should know when you're "breaking the rules" as a matter of self-awareness.

second thing: think about traits that you consider attractive. not attractive in the "perfect feminine beauty" way, but according to the definition of the word. What personality traits do you like in people? What kinds of things would you like to do with your special lady friend? if you think it would be awesome to date women who are into rock climbing, then you need to get good at that. if you find you don't like rock climbing, well then maybe you don't want to pick that as a "shared interest," ya know? at the same time, if your intent is to find a dating partner, develop hobbies that are socially-oriented because this will get you out in groups of other people in a less-threatening way. Instead of trying to start up a conversation with a girl cold, you can focus on a topic that you already know she's interested in. then the focus is on the topic itself rather than yourself. oh, and when conversing with people, ask interesting questions about them and what they do.