Page 5 of 699 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 5

norak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelnus View Post
    So you have good job?
    Great idea for a contact ad: "Have good job. Need good woman."

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    One change that I made a while back in dating is that I now avoid sitting across a table from a date. At some point, I realized the every date where I had gone out and bought dinner and sat across the table from them didn't go anywhere. Eventually, when I've dated someone for a while I'll do a table date, but never right away. Part of it is that a table install a natural barrier to communication and conversation. This side is mine and that side is yours.

I'll meet for a drink or tea or something or find something interesting to do and usually it doesn't cost all that much.
    I've never thought of this, usually taking a girl out for dinner is like my easy go-to. Now you've raised the bar, you asshole, I'm going to actually have to do work.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    One change that I made a while back in dating is that I now avoid sitting across a table from a date. At some point, I realized the every date where I had gone out and bought dinner and sat across the table from them didn't go anywhere. Eventually, when I've dated someone for a while I'll do a table date, but never right away. Part of it is that a table install a natural barrier to communication and conversation. This side is mine and that side is yours.

I'll meet for a drink or tea or something or find something interesting to do and usually it doesn't cost all that much.
    Good plan. Plus people tend to be more open and honest when they are not face to face. Its more comfortable.

sorry. GRUNT
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Agatsu is offline Member
    It is always funny to hear how women like the ones you speak of would get so offended if you suggested that after spending money lavishing them with gifts and the finer things, that they owe you sex. It's the same logic applied. I did all this for YOU, now you owe me something in return.
    FWIW, I don't believe someone should "owe" you sex. It just always entertains me when someone tries to use a particular line of reasoning to manipulate you, and they are so indignant when you serve it right back to them. The irony is delicious.
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston

kenn is offline Senior Member

And if they come back to your place after drinks late at night, just strip naked and when they ask "what are you doing"; just reply "well what did you think was going to happen" saves a lot of discussion and gets down to business quickly.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

norak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Most of the men I know, spouse included, find a woman sexiest in sweats, hair a mess; they also like a woman who can use a hammer without assistance and who can help work on cars and isn't afraid to get dirty or break a nail. Basically most of the men I know like low maintenance chicks as my husband says. He does also appreciate it when I look nice but that doesn't have to be how it always is.
    True. But that only works for women who are pretty to begin with.

Personally, I often find the women who use the least make-up the most attractive. Also, pretty is not the same as attractive in my book. One can be one without the other, and vice versa.

Looks don't really matter that much anyway. Charm, karisma and attitude is the key.

geostump is offline Senior Member

Plus, if you're sitting next to each other, you can read body language better and its more condusive to flirting.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    True. But that only works for women who are pretty to begin with.

Personally, I often find the women who use the least make-up the most attractive. Also, pretty is not the same as attractive in my book. One can be one without the other, and vice versa.

Looks don't really matter that much anyway. Charm, karisma and attitude is the key.
    Pretty and sexy can be 2 totally different animals. You either have both or you don't. My husband may not be the best looking guy but he got me with his sense of humor.
    Georgette

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I've never thought of this, usually taking a girl out for dinner is like my easy go-to. Now you've raised the bar, you asshole, I'm going to actually have to do work.
    It was mine at one point as well, it just didn't work. You'll also avoid serial daters that just want you to buy them dinner anyway. I look for somewhere quiet enough that we can talk but still out in public which can be hard to find.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    And if they come back to your place after drinks late at night, just strip naked and when they ask "what are you doing"; just reply "well what did you think was going to happen" saves a lot of discussion and gets down to business quickly.
    Ahhhh...the Naked Man. Classic
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Page 5 of 699 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast