Page 483 of 699 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 483

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kenn, great topic! Honestly, its what we should be really discussing! What conquered culture did we derive this benefit from? Isn't colonialism wonderful?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwabbit View Post
    What conquered culture did we derive this benefit from? Isn't colonialism wonderful?
    I believe that would be Tatooine or perhaps San Diego but either way...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I do not find any of them attractive because they are probably not Primal.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I do not find any of them attractive because they are probably not Primal.
    While I appreciate your point, they are all more attractive than pointless back and forth about who screwed who colonially and whether current populations should be held accountable for their own actions.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I recently got into an argument with a friend of mine whose (now deceased) husband is native. My argument was that if we let them not pay taxes and give them their own land then we should take all of our technology back.
    If they want things to be as they were before we got here then they can have them EXACTLY that way.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I recently got into an argument with a friend of mine whose (now deceased) husband is native. My argument was that if we let them not pay taxes and give them their own land then we should take all of our technology back.
    If they want things to be as they were before we got here then they can have them EXACTLY that way.
    While I am usually from the "You got conquered, uh, sorry..." school of thought I have to disagree. You can't take someone's land, stick them on a reservation, limit their economic opportunities and then say "There just like it was before!" because it isn't. GFTO, give them their land back along with all the forest/animals/whatever, stop interfering and then perhaps your argument holds weight.

*obviously the reservations thing applies to the US. I have no idea how you all do it up in the Maritimes. It involves goats I have been lead to believe

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    While I am usually from the "You got conquered, uh, sorry..." school of thought I have to disagree. You can't take someone's land, stick them on a reservation, limit their economic opportunities and then say "There just like it was before!" because it isn't. GFTO, give them their land back along with all the forest/animals/whatever, stop interfering and then perhaps your argument holds weight.

*obviously the reservations thing applies to the US. I have no idea how you all do it up in the Maritimes. It involves goats I have been lead to believe
    They get free land, free electricity, huge discounts on anything they buy and pay a reduced rate for secondary education.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    While I appreciate your point, they are all more attractive than pointless back and forth about who screwed who colonially and whether current populations should be held accountable for their own actions.
    I was being sarcastic.

Why do people still take me seriously?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

I was being sarcastic.

Why do people still take me seriously?
    It's hard to read inflection on the internet plus it was 6am. I am lucky I can read at all at the time

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You will be silent until spoken to in the man thread, newb.
    Fuck you, too. I'll speak when and where I like.