Page 469 of 699 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 469

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    A few pages ago, posts concerned sexual insecurity. Penis size was mentioned. I can relate. When I was in the service privacy was pretty rare. Many of the guys would raze me about the size of my unit. I am still bothered by that. So I am saving money and when I have enough I intend to have some sort of surgery to make mine about the same size of the other guys.

I am going to have about four inches removed. Maybe then people won't tease me.

Happy to see you here again, periquin. You're top notch.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoat4130 View Post
    Everyone's got their gurus in one form or another. I didn't just magically learn the secret to life after reading an A.R. book (and its kind of funny to think of anyone getting that from ANY book or author) but it certainly gave me a different perspective on events and opportunities in life that I hadn't previously been conscious of. That's all its suppose to do.
    There is a secret to life beyond some get lucky and the rest live in teh suck?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    There is a secret to life beyond some get lucky and the rest live in teh suck?
    Yes, it is "The Secret."
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoat4130 View Post
    Everyone's got their gurus in one form or another. I didn't just magically learn the secret to life after reading an A.R. book (and its kind of funny to think of anyone getting that from ANY book or author) but it certainly gave me a different perspective on events and opportunities in life that I hadn't previously been conscious of. That's all its suppose to do.
    Uh, no . . . not everyone does. And while I've certainly found some interesting perspective in books, real life experience and meeting/talking to people from many different backgrounds are much better ways of getting a balanced perspective. Perhaps Rand didn't mean for her words to be interpreted the way they so often are by a million jack-asses, but what I see is an incredibly simplified, one dimensional view of life used to prop up thinly veiled classist and racist ideologies.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Christianity has certainly caused more harm.
    I think Islam has caused more harm than Christianity....not that it really matters. Religion in and of itself is not really the cause but the differences in ideas. When people have differing ideas it leads to conflict depending on their interactions. It doesn't have to and people can have arguments or talks without fights, but sometimes they do and this is true for any idea that differs. The ideas in religion more so than some other ideas only because they are so personal and important to people.

That being said just because something causes harm doesn't really make it false. Some part of me hopes the part of me that still believes Christianity may be true is wrong. I don't like some of the ideas...hell I mean torture for eternity...how can anyone really deserve that for one decision made at one point in time...I don't get it.

Even with that thought...I know that just because I don't like something doesn't make it not true. No matter how much I would like it not to be true that eating certain very good tasting things will make me fat and unhealthy they will regardless of what I want.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

kenn is offline Senior Member
    =but what I see is an incredibly simplified, one dimensional view of life used to prop up thinly veiled classist and racist ideologies.
    because multi-culturalism is a good thing....lmao!!
    Last edited by kenn; 08-24-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I <3 Ayn Rand's works and philosophy. She made a big impression on the thinkers of her time and definitely now. Not everyone has to agree with her beliefs or perspective but those that do have something in common that I think distinguishes them from society's status quo (altrusim as a virtue et al) -- arguably for better and for worse.

My (very) liberal friends and acquaintances become literally enraged at the mention of her name; they would state that she was a hypocrite, stupid bitch, etc Mostly though I think they just don't agree with the idea of personal responsibility.
    They don't like it when you point out that their ideology is based on emotion, not logic
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    I think Islam has caused more harm than Christianity....
    Not even close. But it really doesn't matter one way or the other, as I have no use for any of them, although I do see the attraction for some. And it's not the harm it causes that makes it false, there are plenty of reasons beyond religions' harmfulness to not believe in it. But everyone has to come to their own conclusions, which I fully respect. I just don't respect religion.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    because multi-culturalism is a good thing....lmao!!
    Yes it is. Thanks for proving my point.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Not even close. But it really doesn't matter one way or the other, as I have no use for any of them, although I do see the attraction for some. And it's not the harm it causes that makes it false, there are plenty of reasons beyond religions' harmfulness to not believe in it. But everyone has to come to their own conclusions, which I fully respect. I just don't respect religion.
    I suspect the poster could have quialified that staement with , in my lifetime.

Because genocide is pretty much part and parcel of conversion to christianity

ever wonder why they call it missionary position????
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com