Page 237 of 699 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 237

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by atestforecho View Post
    What about the boys? Do you shave the boys so they don't chafe in the skinny jeans?

Skinny jeans or not (not in my case) gotta keep em trimmed. I have yet to meet a woman that *likes* the chia pet look.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    A story akin to the image above:

A good buddy of mine had his wife up and leave, kid in tow, and drain the bank account. She gets to her family and realizes that they want nothing to do with her (she flakes out on everyone, had two husbands before my friend that she did the same thing to.) Calls him and begs him to move down there. Thinking that he might be able to save the marriage and not scar the 3 year old too badly, he does so. She's already spent the money she pulled fromthe account by staying in a ritzy hotel after her family kicked her out. My friend moves everyone to a weekly rate hotel and gets a discount by being live-in maintenance. Tells his wife "if you want any hope at surviving, get a job. We can't do this on one budget." She tries several fast food/ retail jobs and flops. Applies for the Navy, using my friend's veteran status to pull strings, and gets in. After boot camp and all that, they ship her out to Virginia, and my friend and the kid follow her. She gets shipped out on one of the boats (3 weeks on, 1 week off) and tells him afterwards that she screwed a guy and had an affair (two different guys) while on the ship . My friend isn't the first guy she did something like this to. My friend snaps and tells her it's over, moves back to TX, with kid in tow. They're now going through a divorce. She's arguing for full parental rights, knowing full well she won't get them because she has no one to care for the kid while she's out. She's threatening to tell the cops he abused her and the kid, yadyadayada, just to get the kid back. Mind you, she had no maternal instinct, nearly killed the kid a few times, gave him no boundaries until she snapped on him over the tiniest things... He's told his (Army provided) legal counsel all of this and forwarded him all the relevant e-mails. She also trashed the house they were renting right before she moved out, thinking he was still on the rental agreement (he wasn't, it was just her.) She's just recently agreed to my friend getting full custody in exchange for being allowed to visit the kid every so often. The only battle now is the paperwork and whether he'd be able to get either a no- fault divorce or adultery divorce in Virginia.
    Right before she took off for her family in the first place, she left him a note on the fridge: "I'm tired of living here. I'm taking [the kid] and going to [where her family lives.] Follow me and sell this place if you want to see [the kid] again. I took some money to help us get there.[signature]"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

atestforecho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    My man flexes his arms and pecs at me and I love it, i really do.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Skinny jeans or not (not in my case) gotta keep em trimmed. I have yet to meet a woman that *likes* the chia pet look.
    Truth.

canio6 Guest
    Given her mental lack of stability, how the hell did she get in the Navy? Also, at least in the Army, adultary is a crime under the UCMJ. I would assume it was in the Navy also. Get her ass tossed in jail. At least he will get child support for the whole time she is in the Navy.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    After boot camp and all that, they ship her out to Virginia, and my friend and the kid follow her. She gets shipped out on one of the boats (3 weeks on, 1 week off) and tells him afterwards that she screwed a guy and had an affair (two different guys) while on the ship .
    Quite common. There are prostitution rings on most ships/aircraft carriers, and they always come back with pregnant sailors.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Given her mental lack of stability, how the hell did she get in the Navy? Also, at least in the Army, adultary is a crime under the UCMJ. I would assume it was in the Navy also. Get her ass tossed in jail. At least he will get child support for the whole time she is in the Navy.
    It is considered a crime in the Navy as well, however I'm fairly sure they don't prosecute it at all. Frankly, since the majority of military people cheat, it would drain their resources. But he may want to follow up on it... depending on her command it might work.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    Quite common. There are prostitution rings on most ships/aircraft carriers, and they always come back with pregnant sailors.

It is considered a crime in the Navy as well, however I'm fairly sure they don't prosecute it at all. Frankly, since the majority of military people cheat, it would drain their resources. But he may want to follow up on it... depending on her command it might work.
    Most of the women I've known in any branch of service ended up pregnant once deployed.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    She can fake stability. I think my friend is trying to keep this as clean as possible to keep her from trying to haunt him (and the kid) after the divorce. I think he asked his counsel about that and because it was her (verbal, then written) word and she'd been known to stretch the truth before, as well as his desire to keep it as clean as possible (for the kid), he's avoiding that. I'll ask him, though, just to make sure. I think, now that she's agreed to him getting full custody, he's trying to keep it as amicable as possible and going for a no fault. There's also evidence that, early in the divorce battle, she tried to use his status and legal ties (only one spouse can use military legal counsel, even if it's different branches, due to conflict of interest) against him and get to all the military help before him (this was even before she went into the military.) She even tried withholding one of his requisite forms (I THINK it was his official service record or something like that) from him to make sure he couldn't get any help until he told the Navy she was doing so. She's a flake and a manipulative [derogatory female word I don't care for.] She's tried to find a way around the child support, too.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    True. I was actually one of two people in my unit in Korea that did not cheat on my spouse. As for prosecuting it, you are correct. However, if the husband were to make a big enough issue out of it they might. No CO is just going to prosecute. Hell, the army would have no NCOs at all if they prosecuted them all for adultary.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Most of the women I've known in any branch of service ended up pregnant once deployed.
    There's a reason this stereotype exists "women in the military are either sluts with daddy issues or lesbians"
    Last edited by kenn; 06-07-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds