Page 191 of 699 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 191

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I just posted a comment in before/after pics trying to set a new standard for us MEN in how we post pics of our selves.

Just like a hot smokin' car photo is not complete without a hot gal sprawled all over it, a proper AFTER pic of men on primal blueprint is not complete without a hot gal sprawled all over him to highlight his awesome chest and abs. Standing next to him is ok too, better than nothing, but nothing shows real progress like the sprawl!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    My gymnastic rings arrived today.
    If I had to be super minimalist with my training I would keep my rings and throw everything else away.

How are you setting them up? If you have high ceilings then you’re in business. I don’t unfortunately so I can only set them up from my indoor or outdoor pull up bars. The range of motion is limited but I try to make the best of it.

You ever do any work on rings? When I first tried dips it was like a whole new world and I had to fight hard to get even 5 reps! (while being able to comfortably do 15-20 on a dip station) I knew then that this was going to change everything!

Have fun with them.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Damn! My evil plan spoiled! Heh, I've always heard it called "earning your red wings".
    That maneuver we termed for merely wearing the mantle of menstrual blood on your groin region.
    I'm not just skilled with words, I'm a cunning linguist.

(LOL)
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    That maneuver we termed for merely wearing the mantle of menstrual blood on your groin region.
    I'm not just skilled with words, I'm a cunning linguist.

(LOL)
    I'm not too skilled, my claymore just happens to be big enough to power through anything.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    If I had to be super minimalist with my training I would keep my rings and throw everything else away.

How are you setting them up? If you have high ceilings then you’re in business. I don’t unfortunately so I can only set them up from my indoor or outdoor pull up bars. The range of motion is limited but I try to make the best of it.

You ever do any work on rings? When I first tried dips it was like a whole new world and I had to fight hard to get even 5 reps! (while being able to comfortably do 15-20 on a dip station) I knew then that this was going to change everything!

Have fun with them.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I'm going to use them outdoors at a nearby park for the time being. At least I would if it wasn't SNOWING. Like you, the first thing I tried on the rings were dips, and felt the same way. My buddy sent me Building the Gymnastic Body by Coach Sommer, which looks fantastic. It has progressions and everything.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

strom is offline Senior Member

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I'm not too skilled, my claymore just happens to be big enough to power through anything.
    I'm not using the cunning lingual skills to compensate for shortcomings; Rather, they are used to ruin every woman I have sex with. In other words, every man after me is going to be a disappointment in comparison. (Well, that's my goal...)

Not being haughty about it; I promise a little and deliver a lot. VALUE ADDED SERVICES FTW.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    God I love riding a bike.

I dont care if it is 'chronic cardio', but swooping round downhill corners and sweating up the hills on a beautiful spring/summer evening is just amazing. And being 20lbs lighter than 3 months ago makes the uphills much easier

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Thanks.

Yeah, I'm going to use them outdoors at a nearby park for the time being. At least I would if it wasn't SNOWING. Like you, the first thing I tried on the rings were dips, and felt the same way. My buddy sent me Building the Gymnastic Body by Coach Sommer, which looks fantastic. It has progressions and everything.
    Yeah that’s on my list of books to get. Coach Sommer is great I lurk their forums and sometimes try out their WODS (most are way over my head but are scalable) let me know how you like the book. There’s nothing on handstands on it is there?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Handstands are praised but not really talked about in great detail.

Men, I don't want to see any of you having a "cheat day" or "falling off the wagon" or "slipping up." Does that mean you must adhere 100% to the PB and discard the 80/20 principle? No! It means that when you do deviate, you do it righteously! No more of this confession booth nonsense. If you are going to eat pizza and then post about it, you damn well better post pictures of you laughing haughtily into the camera with that half-chewed mess of dough and cheese and sauce displayed prominently in your open mouth.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!