Page 176 of 699 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 176

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I personally prescribe to my own watered down version of this in my relationships and have had success. I realize it might seem archaic to most women, probably horrifying, but I have found I garner far more respect from a man when I acknowledge our differences; my weaknesses and his strengths, and instead of trying to overcompensate or make him feel bad for being stronger than me, let him be stronger. In turn, he respects my strengths in other areas and lets me help him there without ever feeling like I'm belittling him. The balance that is so often lacking in relationships is easy to find, it happens when a woman embraces being a woman and stops trying to be a man and when a man embraces being a man and stops apologizing for not being a woman. I'm not going to get mad at a guy I'm dating for not having the same emotional reaction to something as I do, if I want a females opinion, I'll call my mother. I guess I'm a brainwashed fool because I want to be a girl and to be treated as something that you need to be a little more gentle with and should be cherished.I'm not fragile, I'm not weak, and I'm not lazy, but you can carry the firewood inside for me,you can open the door for me,you can even reach something on the top shelf so I don't have to get a step stool and climb, I find no insult in it. I know men are perfectly capable of cooking and keeping house, but it comes naturally to me, I find joy in doing it, so I'd rather do that. Just like I'm sure some guys would rather chop down a tree then make a decorative edge on a pie crust. More power to you if you like a crumb topping, I like chopping wood, but I'm sure not as fast at it as my SO.
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

Aww Grumpy Caveman! I'm all about being a yolk!
    Denis Waitley

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
    I garner far more respect from a man when I acknowledge our differences; my weaknesses and his strengths...
    YES. When I read your link, I felt profound respect for that woman.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Thank God somebody gets it, even if you are a guy...
    (italics denotes sarcasm, new rule.)
    Denis Waitley

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    *agrees with Huntergirl*

Seriously, I don't care. I would RATHER have the guy show off his muscles by carrying in the firewood and opening the stuck pickle jar and all that, and I'm old fashioned enough (or cheesy enough) to love it when a guy opens the door and all that jazz. Yeah, I'm a sap.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
    i personally prescribe to my own watered down version of this in my relationships and have had success. I realize it might seem archaic to most women, probably horrifying, but i have found i garner far more respect from a man when i acknowledge our differences; my weaknesses and his strengths, and instead of trying to overcompensate or make him feel bad for being stronger than me, let him be stronger. In turn, he respects my strengths in other areas and lets me help him there without ever feeling like i'm belittling him. The balance that is so often lacking in relationships is easy to find, it happens when a woman embraces being a woman and stops trying to be a man and when a man embraces being a man and stops apologizing for not being a woman. I'm not going to get mad at a guy i'm dating for not having the same emotional reaction to something as i do, if i want a females opinion, i'll call my mother. I guess i'm a brainwashed fool because i want to be a girl and to be treated as something that you need to be a little more gentle with and should be cherished.i'm not fragile, i'm not weak, and i'm not lazy, but you can carry the firewood inside for me,you can open the door for me,you can even reach something on the top shelf so i don't have to get a step stool and climb, i find no insult in it. I know men are perfectly capable of cooking and keeping house, but it comes naturally to me, i find joy in doing it, so i'd rather do that. Just like i'm sure some guys would rather chop down a tree then make a decorative edge on a pie crust. More power to you if you like a crumb topping, i like chopping wood, but i'm sure not as fast at it as my so.
    + 1
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    another logic fail
    Ha Ha, yeah..

Y'all, is 'free' now.

(Man this thread drift is awesome!)

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_o View Post
    Ha Ha, yeah..

Y'all, is 'free' now.

(Man this thread drift is awesome!)
    weaksauce
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    weaksauce
    You understand I'm referring to emancipating a people from bondage into communities without giving them any rights? - right?

Oh how dare you post something that has the word colored in it! That is an unacceptable term dammit! I think you might be racist for even searching a picture like that on the internet, I don't care if it has historical roots to a social and political shift that changed the way our country not only views minorities but also genders, you googled it, you're racist.End of story. Are you a member of the KKK? Gasp,I just mentioned a group of unmentionables. I've got to go scrub my skin raw while chanting Al Sharpton's name, praying to Oprah and listening to a Kanye West album.

I'm from the South, born and raised in a climate of hate that taught me one thing, we're all equally guilty of not loving our neighbor.

We've finally done it, we went from talking about tits, ass and guns, moved right on along to insulting the military, jumped into sexism and made a beautiful segway into racism.
    I'm just disappointed we never talked about STD's and only briefly mentioned politics.
    Denis Waitley