Page 173 of 699 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 173

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I can't help it, anything my fingers touch explodes.

... Hey Ladies

edit: yes, I have literally jumped into this thread again just to be a douchebag. That's how I roll. ALPHA MALE OUT.
    Haha intriguing... ;-)
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Equality is best understood as equality of authority/opportunity, not equality of having certain stuff.
    I bet you're all for affirmative action to.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara6 View Post
    I'm trying really hard not to be offended by this. Really I am - I try to pride myself on being objective. You DO realize I'm a Soldier, right? I'm pretty proud of my service, and my Army. What are you basing this on? Did a Soldier do something to offend you?

Seriously, I'm pretty put off by this. I'd appreciate some justification behind your comment. Calling me and mine "macho thugs" is not okay.
    You won't get justification because people like this can't be reasoned with.

They do not understand or grasp in any capacity the sacrifices you make for us. I might not agree with everything our government decides to use our soldiers for and I will utilize my right to make this known, but I will always respect our men at arms for what they do.

To chaohinon, you guys are nothing but stupid thugs who deserve no respect. You can't reason with that kind of mindset. It's a waste of time and effort.

edit: guns fucking rule so I like the military just because they have cool toys. Just get rid of all the soldiers and make more guns. Something could be wrong with this plan but I don't want to think about it right now.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    And thats about all . .this thread used to be awesome .. now it's been sucked back into the lame file ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says - CNN

"We have an epidemic here," she said. "Women serving in the U.S. military today are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq."
    Last edited by spakesneaker; 05-09-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    I believe he was speaking of the high rate of rape in the armed forces.
    Give me a statistic. I've been in the Army for 11 years. Never once. I'm an Armor officer - so I typically serve in all-male organizations - but even in support battalions around me. I've never even heard of a case. Quote me a statistic. I will be talking to my BN Equal Opportunity rep tomorrow to get a stat tomorrow - I'll race you.

You won't get justification because people like this can't be reasoned with.

They do not understand or grasp in any capacity the sacrifices you make for us. I might not agree with everything our government decides to use our soldiers for and I will utilize my right to make this known, but I will always respect our men at arms for what they do.

To chaohinon, you guys are nothing but stupid thugs who deserve no respect. You can't reason with that kind of mindset. It's a waste of time and effort.
    Appreciate the support Rivvin.

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    Spake, give me a link...I'd like to read it.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I put the link to the CNN article in the previous post... I also found this about male-on-male rape: The Military's Secret Shame - Newsweek

Dalton is offline Senior Member
    Where are all the UCMJ cases? Not saying it doesn't happen. What I AM saying is that these things, regardless of what CNN tells you, are NOT handled lightly by any branch of the military. Bill Clinton said he did NOT have sexual relations with Monica Lewisnky....people can SAY anything.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    So 1.5 million in the armed forces and 2200 sexual assaults. How does that compare to the general population? Also, more likely to be raped than killed in Iraq/Afghanistan? No shit. Besides some MPs and maybe a handful of medics, what women go outside the wire? Also I would say that female soldiers are more likely to report a rape than their civilian counterparts. Why? Because every woman I met in the military was very forthcoming and not at all shy. There are also several avenues to report a sexual assault which soldiers are trained on quarterly. Also they can be reported confidentially and without repercussions.

As for Jane Harmon, it wouldn't do her political career any good to say, "Sexual Assaults in the Military, yeah, lets see how they compare to the civilian world." Jaw dropping makes for a better headline.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony