Page 166 of 699 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 166

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This is why I avoid programs such as Oprah, The View etc like the plague. I consider myself to be a former feminazi and I used to be a pretty bad one at that.
    I was never a true feminazi. I did (still do) campaign for EQUALITY (within reason), but not in the form of "4 legs good, two legs better." That statement (courtesy George Orwell) sums up how I see the feminazi view.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    how so?
    I assume he's saying the alpha will get the women and resources and the non-alphas won't.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    how so?
    gotta run but i think the idea is that alpha males have more women in their 'harem' so to speak. women are more likely to share men and be happy with that, than are men happy about sharing women. so in cities where there are a lot of women compared to men (or on many college campuses), it's a few of the guys getting laid with a lot of the women, and more men who aren't getting any, hence the 'nice guy/bitterness syndrome.'

also i really don't think we can consider oprah or joy behar 'feminazis,' lol. a lot of people find them annoying, but they're certainly not extreme in their political thinking.

edit: i'm a she

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    gotta run but i think the idea is that alpha males have more women in their 'harem' so to speak. women are more likely to share men and be happy with that, than are men happy about sharing women. so in cities where there are a lot of women compared to men (or on many college campuses), it's a few of the guys getting laid with a lot of the women, and more men who aren't getting any, hence the 'nice guy/bitterness syndrome.'

also i really don't think we can consider oprah or joy behar 'feminazis,' lol. a lot of people find them annoying, but they're certainly not extreme in their political thinking.

Sorry, didn't even look at the author... no offense.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    only if you're a robot; emotions happen whether we express them or not. they also have the side benefit of showing others what's going with our brain chemistry. if you slap me in the face and i look angry and kick you in the groin, the angry look on my face shows you the biochemical consequences of your actions. my expressed emotion is a clue that you can use to make your decisions more than it is a warning to you.
    I think you misunderstood me. What I meant is that the reason that humans have emotions is to express feelings to other humans. Feeling sad and crying by yourself has no purpose, while doing it in front of other humans will lead to them comforting you and possibly helping you. I am by no means saying this doesn't happen naturally / not on purpose! I don't really understand your last sentences. I don't think you can differentiate about an angry face being a "clue" or a "warning" either, at least I understand them to be identical.

strom is offline Senior Member
    There is another aspect of PUA that is completely missed here. Which is the more recent Natural. I believe it has more to do with correcting ones own inner issues and not using any sort of game at all. I also think if you don't fall into the trap of interviewing or trying to impress when talking with some you think is attractive you will have more success.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Well I didn't perceive this discussion to be about how to be a pickup artist, but rather about gender roles and whether "alpha males" play a positive or negative role in relationships and society in general. We haven't at all talked about using routines or that sort of thing which is generally referred to as "game".

The inner issues you speak of generally belong to the stereotype "nice guys" = doormat: Insecurities about themselves, fear of women, fear of rejection, lacking a wide repertoire of social skills etc. These things need to be overcome no matter what, even when using regular routines your confidence will increase because you feel prepared andas if you are in control, and at the same time actually going out there and making attempts at women helps reduce fears while building the necessary social skills. Trying to impress when talking doesn't feel like an underlying issue to me, but rather a result of insecurities about oneself making you try to overcompensate.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post

no joy is just an idiot
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    no joy is just an idiot
    +1,000,000
    Georgette

PrimalDog is offline Junior Member
    It's amazing how women just can't stay away - I mean it IS a primal thread for men. Anyways consider this. These women at the gym are doing you a favor. It's a filtering process. They are informing you what they think of you (and men in general) and what your role is in that relationship. If they have men in their lives, don't feel sorry for them. The best Hells are self made.